206itsolutions

DVR Comunicates with browser not apps

Hi Guys, I come from a networking background so please don't laugh at my questions. Ok?

I have setup a DDNS for a customer. Using noip and DUC. I did forward the ports on a 105w Telkom router. Opened all ports from 80 - 34567 (Risky, I know). I can connect to the DVR through my browser (Chrome) cant see the video (browser thinks its quicktime, i know it is not)).

Now I want to connect using an app to the same DVR but it fails to connect. I tried X-IRS from a local computer on ports 8000, 8080 and port 80 but it fails to connect. I tried from a diferent computer same results.

1. Does these H.264 DVR's have firewalls or can it be a windows 7 firewall?

2. Can I get the DVR's software to play the "Quicktime" in a browser? (Then I can build app from scratch that work)

3. Do I haveto use the ddns settings in the DVR.

Well I reset the network settings, and now for some reason it restarts every 5 minutes. I will welcome any ideas.

In the systems I have setup if you connect remotely or locally using a browser then 80/8080 will work fine and it connects but for some awkward reason using an application on a Windows system .exe file or Android application/iOS then the mobile application uses a different port in my cases they have varied - 3892, 34567, 18002, 18004, 1842, 9000

So try and have a look in the network settings and see if it mentions any other ports at all media port, web port, second stream port etc

Hope this helps a little.

Also I have not found a solution for some older DVR machines to play web based streams/video playback in browser, I can login usually and set settings but when viewing live it won't load a activex error etc occurs, so the solution for me was to run Internet Explorer in Compatibility View and as administrator then the DVR pushes a download if the settings are set properly (insecurely)

289481_1.jpg