sumocomputers

Think I need Auto-Iris, need help. Have several HIKVision

I currently have 5 HIKVision DS-2CD2132-I 2.8mm Dome Cameras and a Synology that I record to. They have the latest FW, which I think is 5.3.0.

I am having an issue like in my garage that works great in B&W or Color Mode (set to auto switch), but if there is a large source of light (like opening a door), causes that area to be completely washed out. No amount of tweaking seems to address this scenario.

See attached screenshot for example.

I think I need an Auto-Iris camera, but wanted to make sure before I go try to research this. I have been happy with HIKVision, but willing to go to another brand.

Would like to keep the cost under $300 USD if possible.

Thank You,

Chris

Garage2.thumb.jpg.f9c4c9fa00b6ff146dcfa02ba1737367.jpg

You don't need Auto Iris. It'll not be able to solve your issues.

You'll be looking at WDR feature (If you want to see outside and inside at the same time) or BLC (to reduce the brightness of the outside lighting) instead.

Alternatively, why don't you readjust the position of the camera to the corner where your entrance is , that'll solve the issues.

BLC feature is good, but I think opening of the door will still give a flash of light though maybe just for a short period of time. But it definitely wont flash out youre whole screen.

Thanks for help on auto-iris. I was using WDR, but I am now playing with BLC.

Only problem is that the big garage door and the smaller side door are both sources of light, and I don't think I can't account for both with BLC, since it lets me pick only one: up/down/left/right.

As for moving the camera, I really prefer to keep it where it is at if at all possible.

BLC is what you usually use on your phone cameras or photography cameras, just automatically changing light balance setting.

WDR/True WDR have more powerful light balances than the BLC. True WDR could go up to 120dB

Since you were using Hikvision, try LT Security Technologies.

They have most similar design on cameras and systems, and I believe LTS is cheapter than Hik.

Best,