echosan

Best surveillance system for couple of grocery stores

Hello everyone

My boss assign me a job to find best and affordable surveillance system with best and compatible camera types. This is the first time I work with surveillance and IP cameras.

He want a surveillance system with face recognition feature. i.e. if a thief went to other stores the system can recognize him and send alerts. Also we need a system to support many cameras and what is the size of the screen to show like 200 cameras. there were a guy who advised me with the NUUO system with Milesight IP cameras.

I need the best and cheap system with face recognition and the best and cheapest compatible IP cameras

Any help is appreciated

Edited by Guest

I need the best and cheap system with face recognition and the best and cheapest compatible IP cameras

Hi. No such thing as best and cheap.

You are going to have to give a budget for your systems

Face recognition needs good cameras. Just in parts alone you are looking at 60k plus.... And if you have not done IP before add a bit more for mistakes.

Avigilon is your best solution (if you want it to work)

Thanks tomcctv for your reply

NUUO guys say their system support analog old cameras with the use of an encoder and it also supports most of the known IP cameras. Did anyone use it before and does it work as needed and how much that cost?

For the Avigilon system, you mentioned 60k+, is that for only the system?

Thanks tomcctv for your reply

NUUO guys say their system support analog old cameras with the use of an encoder and it also supports most of the known IP cameras. Did anyone use it before and does it work as needed and how much that cost?

For the Avigilon system, you mentioned 60k+, is that for only the system?

Where are u located?

Hello everyone

My boss assign me a job to find best and affordable surveillance system with best and compatible camera types. This is the first time I work with surveillance and IP cameras.

He want a surveillance system with face recognition feature. i.e. if a thief went to other stores the system can recognize him and send alerts. Also we need a system to support many cameras and what is the size of the screen to show like 200 cameras. there were a guy who advised me with the NUUO system with [junk software] IP cameras.

Any help is appreciated

Well if your wants a face recognition system. It will not be cheap. However, a face detection on the other hand will be a cheaper option. you may look into Hikvision, their cameras do come with Face Detection features.

The difference will be face detection ==> detects face and enhance the face image. Face Recognition will need a lot more intelligence. For example the snapshot of the thief has to be uploaded into the system before the VMS can do comparison. This will need a powerful engine and a software.

Hi. Face detection is pointless and not even worth thinking about and is nothing like face recognition.

You need to talk with your boss as he seems to be spending his budget on something that is pointless for his needs.

It costs your boss nothing to take a problem customers picture and email it to each store.

Use the money saved by not going face recognition/ detection and have a good CCTV system in each store.

Use the money saved by not going face recognition/ detection and have a good CCTV system in each store.

Do you mean there is another solution other than face recognition?

If so, can you tell me

We need to capture a theif photo and when he goes to other store the system recognize him and send a notification to the guy in the store that this guy is a theif

If so, can you tell me

We need to capture a theif photo and when he goes to other store the system recognize him and send a notification to the guy in the store that this guy is a theif

How many entry doors do each store have ... Do the door ways allow multiple people at the same time

Then for what you are asking you need to build a data base of people you have caught .... What about the people you don't catch ... There not on your data base

If so, can you tell me

How many entry doors do each store have ... Do the door ways allow multiple people at the same time

Then for what you are asking you need to build a data base of people you have caught .... What about the people you don't catch ... There not on your data base

Two entry doors and yes they allow multiple people at the same time.

Every time we caught a culprit we would add it to the database.

Guys, it sounds like no body has ever use face recognition before. If someone used any could he please tell me what type, how much it cost and how it's working

Guys, it sounds like no body has ever use face recognition before. If someone used any could he please tell me what type, how much it cost and how it's working

Nobody is using it becuase it is extremely expensive and not very reliable in the real world.

Check out http://fstbm.com/ but keep in mind you will need cameras and a VMS.

A few people on here use and have used face recognition..... But you have not give a budget ..... It's not cheap and you will need to get a company in to do it.

But I think you are talking face detection .... Also known as face finder.... Which to be honest does not work that well

But your request is to catch shop lifters and YOU put there face into the system .......what about shop lifters you don't have in the system ??? You want to spend a lot of money on something you already know

A few people on here use and have used face recognition..... But you have not give a budget ..... It's not cheap and you will need to get a company in to do it.

But I think you are talking face detection .... Also known as face finder.... Which to be honest does not work that well

But your request is to catch shop lifters and YOU put there face into the system .......what about shop lifters you don't have in the system ??? You want to spend a lot of money on something you already know

We have a budget but I need to tell my boss something. I need to give him a number or a range.

We are not interested in face detection.

I need to collect faces in a database and then use them in other grocery store. I mean if a shoplifter went to other store I need an alert to be sent to the receptionist in that store.

We have a budget but I need to tell my boss something. I need to give him a number or a range.

We are not interested in face detection.

I need to collect faces in a database and then use them in other grocery store. I mean if a shoplifter went to other store I need an alert to be sent to the receptionist in that store.

Check your PM

It seems like a lot of people are missing the point here. It is a real simple concept.

Person gets caught stealing. Their picture is taken and uploaded. If they ever enter any company owned stores, security is alerted. You can not compare this to sending a picture around.

Maybe the security team should carry a flip book of polaroids....

I would suggest finding a local integrator, who can give you real world expectations, and you can hold accountable. This type of project is not something I would DIY

It seems like a lot of people are missing the point here. It is a real simple concept.

If they ever enter any company owned stores, security is alerted. You can not compare this to sending a picture around.

Maybe the security team should carry a flip book of polaroids....

You count too much on human intervention

Human is the weakest link in this scenario IMO