AntoineC

[SOLVED] Installing an High speed positionning system

Hi!

I'm quite new the world of CCTV but I have to install one for a Computer Science internship. Yet, I have some issues to install it which is a "High Speed Positionning System" which user's guide can be found here: http://icrealtime.com/docs/product-manual/Man_ICIPT20MIR6.pdf

Indeed even if I have found its IP address: 192.168.X.XX, I am not able to reach it from IE (which is the step 2.2 of its configuration). Even if I assumed that I have to plug it and turn it on despite of the recomendation not to turn it on until it is installed.

Therfore how to reach my device from IE to access the web service?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Guest

is your computer and the device on the same subnet? Set the computers IP address manually to the same sequence as the device and connect the two together with a cable (you may need a crossover cable in some cases) then you should have access to the device and able to program as needed. You can also try a different browser sometimes firefox works when IE fails to connect.

Thank you for considering my question, I don't know if they are on the same subnet, I think I know how to do it on a linux laptop but not on a Windows pc... Furthermore I don't have access to internet with the laptop that is working with the camera.

Yet, I think I can do it with the ConfigTools.exe and ask to install Firefox on the laptop from the work or try to do it with my own computer which has it.

I forget to wire the ethernet cable to the computer, Yet, I'm not able to find the camera ip address with SearchTools V2...

You were right, they weren't on the same subnet! I changed it and I am now even able to ping the camera. Thank you! Still, I don't have the password to log in from IE. Yet, I should be able to log in from Product Tool without the password. However Product tool still don't list the camera IP address... Do you know how can I access it?