tray06

Remotely viewing DVR / IP cameras

Hello all,

I have having MAJOR issues viewing cameras on any other connection other than local. I have SPECO software and DVR. Currently I am able to access the video feed while on the local network with the SPECO software.

I have made adjustments to the following settings in my wireless router:

1) assigned a DHCP reservation for the IP that the DVR uses in the router settings

2) enabled port forwarding on wireless router on the logical port that the DVR uses for remote access.

When I am on a different network I type my ISP ip address e.g. 174.25.184.191:XXXX in to internet explorer and I cannot get anything!! Has anybody had an issue similar to this? If so how were you able to resolve it?

note: I am using my ISP Modem/Router (2 in 1). Creating the applicable port forwarding rules int he router should have "unblocked" them in the router. My ISP states the only ports they block on the modem is port 25 to reduce spam email.

Delete your ip address from your post.

You likely need more than one port forwarded.

Check that the port is open with canyouseeme.org.

Hello all,

I have having MAJOR issues viewing cameras on any other connection other than local. I have SPECO software and DVR. Currently I am able to access the video feed while on the local network with the SPECO software.

1) assigned a DHCP reservation for the IP that the DVR uses in the router settings

2) enabled port forwarding on wireless router on the logical port that the DVR uses for remote access.

When I am on a different network I type my ISP ip address e.g. 174.25.184.191:XXXX in to internet explorer and I cannot get anything!! Has anybody had an issue similar to this? If so how were you able to resolve it?

note: I am using my ISP Modem/Router (2 in 1). Creating the applicable port forwarding rules int he router should have "unblocked" them in the router. My ISP states the only ports they block on the modem is port 25 to reduce spam email.

Good day

To use internet explorer you need to forward the HTTP port on your DVR, under the network settings you will see all the ports , check which is your http (normally its port 80) and forward that, then check on www.conyouseeme.org if its open

Regards

Boogieman the IP address I supplied is fictional I arbitrarily selected random numbers for each octet. I also have several ports forwarded, the DVR remote port, DVR watch port and DVR admin ports are all forwarded.

Topchips, thank you for the http port idea, I have not forwarded that and I will make that rule in the router. I have checked the ports with ping.eu and for some reason they ALL show closed - I know for a fact that they are open at the router I am using because the port forward rules exist, is there error in that logic?

The only reason I can think that they are showing as closed is for some reason the ISP blocks those ports at the modem - is that a possibility?

Thank you for your timely replies and help! looking forward to your suggestions.

Delete your ip address from your post.

You likely need more than one port forwarded.

Check that the port is open with canyouseeme.org.

the IP address I supplied is fictional I arbitrarily selected random numbers for each octet. I also have several ports forwarded, the DVR remote port, DVR watch port and DVR admin ports are all forwarded. I have checked the ports with ping.eu and for some reason they ALL show closed - I know for a fact that they are open at the router I am using because the port forward rules exist, is there error in that logic?

The only reason I can think that they are showing as closed is for some reason the ISP blocks those ports at the modem - is that a possibility?

Hello all,

Good day

To use internet explorer you need to forward the HTTP port on your DVR, under the network settings you will see all the ports , check which is your http (normally its port 80) and forward that, then check on http://www.conyouseeme.org if its open

Regards

thank you for the http port idea, I have not forwarded that and I will make that rule in the router. I have checked the ports with ping.eu and for some reason they ALL show closed - I know for a fact that they are open at the router I am using because the port forward rules exist, is there error in that logic?

In different network cameras working in different way. Keep your id address secretly. Now mordern age new type of software invent in world.

Boogieman the IP address I supplied is fictional I arbitrarily selected random numbers for each octet.

It's probably best to instead say something like x.x.x.x. There's no need to state a real IP, even if it's not yours.