I know this will be getting tedious for forum regulars but I've tried to find answers in the relevant instruction manuals and in the past forum discussions and cannot see where I am going wrong.

I have just installed a Hikvision, four camera system on my office network. I am using the Hikvision NVR model: DS-7604NI-E1/4P/A firmware version 3.4.1 build 151225. When I come to playback through a dedicated monitor using the VGA port on the back of the NVR I can select all frames and cameras I like from when I setup the system. But, using iVMS-4200 I constantly get "Playback Failed". As I say, I have tried to follow the instructions in the user manual for the NVR. For example, on page 41 it tells me that before I start recording what config steps to take. These all match with the settings I entered directly into the NVR using its own monitor. So, why can I not get iVMS to playback? I'm using a Win10 machine and Firefox browser, by the way.

I know I'm a newbie and should know what I'm doing. I can work out most things but I just don't know where else to look for a solution.

Thanks for your patience.

Ben

I am assuming you had set it successfully to view live on iVMS-4200.

Check User account use for playback have remote playback authorization.

There's 2 authorization.

Local Playback and Remote Playback.

You can playback in local doesn't mean remote playback is allow.

Not likely, but check if your Network speed is fast enough.

Could be live is using substream and when you playback, it's playing back using main stream.

Thanks, Daryl.

I can't do it now but I'll have a look later. And, yes. I can see it very well on live view in iVMS. I know I'm looking at live view on the main stream.

Cheers.

Ben

Daryl, success. I had everything on the main stream. Moving all cameras to the sub stream now allows me to watch live or playback through iVMS.

Thanks for the heads up.

Ben