rlowrey24

very large system.... need help

By the grace of God and good connections our small company landed a job that is much larger than our normal workload. It is a 100+ camera job w/8 long range wireless cameras, 30+ pan and tilt, and almost an unlimited budget. Any thoughts on the best system to handle this? It is a large sports stadium so everything must be top of the line as well as name-brand. It almust be able to be viewed using one controller and will most likely have atleast 6 42" hd monitors. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I'd do it on a PC based DVR. where are you located? I sell & install Video Insight. If I can help PM me and I'll see how much fun it can really be.

100+ camera's will require several high end PC's (6 or 7) all on a seperate high speed network (fiber) network. I'd go dual core, the best. Hardware compression cards provide the "best" picture.

Are you recording all of these camera's at the same time, or just providing a video show? It would be best to read to contract to see specifics on the details of..................

A site like this is usually specified by a consultant, be evry carefull or you may install something not up to scope and they can make you pul it all out, stay away from DVR as the front end for this, 30 PTZ's means you will probably have more than one operator and usually from many different locations.

I would use a matrix with satelite controllers as the front end for this job, you could use the Bosch Divar DVR linked with the Matrix offerings, this way you have controllers at the recording site and controllers off site, no need for PC's and you can link all into the one system.

They will want to see analogue displays so i would suggest you by a good matrix with support for at least 5 or six satelite controls, call your local manufactorer and have them sign a NDA agreement and pay them to consult.

i ahve doen several stadiums in my time and analogue matrix at the front end is always the way to go..you will probably have several places like the police booth that will want control so this is the best way to do it by far, PM me if you need help as i have designed many of these

A site like this is usually specified by a consultant, be evry carefull or you may install something not up to scope and they can make you pul it all out, stay away from DVR as the front end for this, 30 PTZ's means you will probably have more than one operator and usually from many different locations.

I would use a matrix with satelite controllers as the front end for this job, you could use the Bosch Divar DVR linked with the Matrix offerings, this way you have controllers at the recording site and controllers off site, no need for PC's and you can link all into the one system.

They will want to see analogue displays so i would suggest you by a good matrix with support for at least 5 or six satelite controls, call your local manufactorer and have them sign a NDA agreement and pay them to consult.

i ahve doen several stadiums in my time and analogue matrix at the front end is always the way to go..you will probably have several places like the police booth that will want control so this is the best way to do it by far, PM me if you need help as i have designed many of these

Mostly big project they will point a level of cameras & system specification and which type of transmission media they prefer. If they do not specific they spec, please think as the below.

1. wired or wireless : I would prefer wireless if it require a long length cable and some cameras is hard to reach.

2. DVR : I suggest using stand alone DVR's because PC based would make you a lot of headache. software crash or unstability of system and etc actually make you losing money in future.

3. Cameras : Any brand will do, as long as fit your customer budget. But must with this spec

Sony Chipset, 520TVL Wide Dynamic Range (WDR), Day & night.

4. PTZ : Any brand will do, as long as fit your customer budget. But must with at least this spec

Sony chipset, 480TVL, 22x optical zoom, day & night

5. Controller : Use a matrix will solve your 30 unit PTZ control matter.

PM me if you need any help

just out of curiousity what is the biggest project you have done besides this one?

Well in a large project its always good to have the large prop ject broken up into several small projects (phases). Also you want to make sure that you and the person who is over the project that your are providing this for are on the same page the entire time.

This can be done by having detailed statements of work for each phase that is to be completed. That way they cant withold anything for a misunderstanding. Also you dont want to get done with an exstensive section of the project only to find out that that is not what they wanted.

Each phase of the project shoudl be walked through and signed off once completed. Also be sure and have everyone installing complete a schematics of all wire and where everything is going. Because chances are you will have to troubleshoot something on this system. And you dont want to spend a month.

Just the other day I was reading this article about Busch stadium and how it now contains IP video as the main source for security. Good source of Information. You can get a copy of the issue from securitysales.com Date: April 2006 Vol 28, No. 4.

Exclusive! Baseball’s Newest Gem Takes IP Video to the Ballgame

by Chris Reed

St. Louis is a city that bleeds red with baseball. The Cardinals are as much a treasure as the Gateway Arch that gives a halo to this city named after a saint.

The city’s Major League Baseball franchise has built itself a new $365 million palace and is protecting it with a virtual fortification — one of the most advanced network video security systems ever installed.

“It’s my favorite team from early childhood on, so to have the opportunity to do work on a project like this has been an honor and that’s the way we have approached it,â€

Pity they didnt post the images .. probably cause they cant touch the quality of analogue CCTV yet ...

To our friend in Malaysia, brand does matter.

You should consult a local rep for one of the big suppliers like Pelco or Bosch. Just make sure they sign a confidentiality agreement since some reps are prone to talk about projects with other integrators and you could find someone else bidding on your project.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY OPENEYE THEY ARE VERY HIGH END PC BASED THEY MANUFACTURE THE HONEYWELL IFUSION SYSTEM AND THE TOSHIBA DVR'S THEY HAVE ONE UNIT FOR UPTO 64 CAMS AND THEY JUST CAME OUT WITH A MATRIX SYSTEM THAT INTEGRATES REAL SMOOTH. YOU DEFINATELY WANT A MATRIX LIKE ONE OF THE PREVIOUS POSTS MENTIONED.I HAPPEN TO KNOW THE OPENEYE PEOPLE REAL WELL. THEIR SUPPORT IS AWSOME, I CAN SAY I HAVE SOLD A LOT OF THEIR DVR'S IN THE LAST YEAR AND THEY ARE TOP NOTCH !! CHECK THEIR SITE OPENEYE.NET