Sign in to follow this  
ruurik

Digiview HDV4KD? Hikvision?

Hi folks,

I need some advice. I'm in the UK and living in a house that is quite wide with all my electrical equipment (router, NAS etc) on one side of the property. I'd like two cameras at the front of the property and two at the rear. I'm a bit worried about the grief I'll get (from others living here) running cables from the cameras at one side of the property all the way over to where the router (and DVR will be) is.

Someone I know has recommended that I buy a Digiview HDV4KD:

http://www.electricaldirectstore.com/product/esp-hdv4kd-4-channel-digiview-hd-dome-camera-cctv-kit-1tb

I don't know if that is a good product or not and I can't find reviews of it. Is it garbage? I can't tell if the cameras are wi-fi or cabled. It also says it needs DVRWLA, whatever that is, to allow remote monitoring. I can't seem to find out what that is or the cost.

As an alternative, I was interested in this Hikvision on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HIKVISION-PACKAGE-SECURITY-CAMERA-DVR/dp/B018N00GVQ/ref=sr_1_4?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1466957444&sr=1-4&keywords=hikvision

I'm guessing these are wired cameras because it states "Video Input(BNC):4CH"? I don't know if this is a better system to buy than the Digiview?

Opinions are most welcome. Thank you for your help.

I recommend not to leave the EU.

I didn't vote to leave, so thanks for that. Any help on topic?

Hi. The first link is a AHD coax system £385 then you need cable and a power supply so you are looking at £500 to have it working.

Your second post is a tvi coax system 1080p not real time or 720p realtime .... Same again you need cable and power supply.

Have you looked at going IP system ?

Tom, thanks a million for replying. I really appreciate it.

Can you recommend a system or three? Or tell me some names and I'll Google them to get started.

Thanks again!

Tom, thanks a million for replying. I really appreciate it.

Can you recommend a system or three? Or tell me some names and I'll Google them to get started.

Thanks again!

Hi. Qvis offer the best system the iZeus NVR 3000 Series is a very good system and is IP.

Where are you located ?

I'm in south-west UK (Devon).

Do you think it's impossible to pay £300 for a 4 camera system? Would I be buying junk? If yes, what is the cheapest I could get away with paying?

Thanks.

Get the IP Camera System . 4 IP camera either Vivotek , Hikvision , Dahua.

Just need to run the CAT 5 cable .

If you like to go wireless , Make sure you have excellent wifi network connection , If yes

Get the Wifi Camera with SD Card that way

you dont need Even NVR .

Thank you

Excellent, thanks Journey.

Does anyone know why, when I do a search for 'Dahua', that the brand 'Annke' comes up? Are Annke just re-branded Dahua? Or is it just websites trying to push the Annke brand?