titin0595

POE Kestone Jack Wring A or B

I Install 1 camera this weekend the camera comes with 60ft cable I need 100ft I use regular cat5e cable with keystone jack on both ends to make the difference following the A wiring Diagram instruction but camera won't work can somebody tell if I need to follow the B wiring diagram instead iThanks

ok want to make sure original 60ft cat5e cable comes with the camera has RJ45 connectors on both ends 1 connects to the camera in the other end connects to the keystone jack cat5e cable extension finished in booths ends wit the B wiring instructions in the should work right ?

ok want to make sure original 60ft cat5e cable comes with the camera has RJ45 connectors on both ends 1 connects to the camera in the other end connects to the keystone jack cat5e cable extension finished in booths ends wit the B wiring instructions in the should work right ?

Hi. It is always best to use cable point to point and not have any joins.

If you are looking at adding more cameras then I would buy a reel of cat5

Another option is eithernet over power.

http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/products/networking/powerline/?cid=gwmng

Your problem is "MOST" likely that your extension cable is NOT the same configuration as the original 60' cable. You cannot mix A & B type terminations, they must be kept consistant.

Your problem is "MOST" likely that your extension cable is NOT the same configuration as the original 60' cable. You cannot mix A & B type terminations, they must be kept consistant.

Are u saying if I have one cable done with A type (both ends)

and second done as B-type (both ends)

I can not connect them together?