ilikeguitars

Home Camera Placement help.

I am planning to put up some cameras and wanted to get people opinion on placement.

The system i am using is the Laview LV-KN988P84A4 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16881183059) with 4 cameras.

camera specs are as follows:

Image Sensor: 1/2.8"

Lens: 4mm

Viewing Angle: 85 Degrees

Recording Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Interoperability: ONVIF, PSIA, CGI, ISAPI

Operating Tempurature(F): -22~140 degree

Power Supply: 12V DC,PoE(802.3af)

Weatherproof Rating: IP66

Indoor / Outdoor IR range: 100 ft.

Here is a layout i made in paint and wanted to see if this was good placement.

290587_1.jpg

I am open to getting more cameras as i know 4 is not enough.

looks alright to me, those would do some sort of a job.

couple of points you may want to consider, although i do not know the area so i may be wrong:

- maybe move the camera by the garage to the other side of the garage by the door, from what i see that could give you better coverage, and if youre protecting from people, youre more likely to get a face than the back of a head, which aways helps

-Id also move the one on the right down more towards the door to have a better view of the gate, maybe just the other side of the window.

Thanks for the input. There is a small tree next to the front door, so I was thinking of getting a dome cam to place in front of the door in addition to the one on the side of the garage. You're right about the cam on the right being closer to the sliding side door and maybe get another camera to put further back on the right? Is there a camera that could cover the back right corner of house where there are some Windows?