edlu21

help with cctv camera

Hello everyone. Hope someone can suggest a good night IR camera for us.

We purchased a home and it had an older 4ch DVR with 4 analog IR camera. One of the camera IR no long works at night. Since I plan to replace it may as well use one that is good.

The current camera are made by Weisky model SC-06A. I tried to google that model and found nothing. All i can see it is 12vDC with 6mm len this is a wired camera. On the side of the body it is printed "digital CCD camera" this camera is outside and it covered by the front porch so it will never get wet or be hit with direct sun light.

Just did google search on CCTV and it looks very much like some of these 1200TVL IR which seems be selling very cheap.

I would have no issue spending money on something that last and works. I am not looking for the cheapest product and have to replace it in a year.

The current camera picture seems ok. than again I am watching it on a 8" screen that came with the DVR.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hello everyone. Hope someone can suggest a good night IR camera for us.

We purchased a home and it had an older 4ch DVR with 4 analog IR camera. One of the camera IR no long works at night. Since I plan to replace it may as well use one that is good.

The current camera are made by Weisky model SC-06A. I tried to google that model and found nothing. All i can see it is 12vDC with 6mm len this is a wired camera. On the side of the body it is printed "digital CCD camera" this camera is outside and it covered by the front porch so it will never get wet or be hit with direct sun light.

Just did google search on CCTV and it looks very much like some of these 1200TVL IR which seems be selling very cheap.

I would have no issue spending money on something that last and works. I am not looking for the cheapest product and have to replace it in a year.

The current camera picture seems ok. than again I am watching it on a 8" screen that came with the DVR.

Thanks for any suggestions.

There are a lot of great inexpensive cameras out there, but remember a great camera attached to and older DVR, and/or screen may not give a great recording. If your DVR maximum recording is 320p, 480p, etc... a 1200TVL won't look any better in playback. I just don't want you to be disappointed. The good news is that many high rez analog 4 ch DVR are pretty inexpensive too.

You may consider to go for HD -Analog system: HD-AHD or HD-TVI, as you already have BNC cables installed. These HD Analog systems - stand alone DVR, also support conventional analog cameras as well.

thank you for the suggestions.

I found a Hybrid DVR with a build in 10" LCD display but under the spec it lists Analog 720P; 960H. It does not list anything about TVL? Will the 1200TVL camera work with it? Would be nice if the camera will list if it is 960H

I found a Hybrid DVR with a build in 10" LCD display but under the spec it lists Analog 720P; 960H. It does not list anything about TVL? Will the 1200TVL camera work with it? Would be nice if the camera will list if it is 960H

Hi. Please do not buy a dvr with monitor built in .. What is your budget for a dvr

Hi. Please do not buy a dvr with monitor built in .. What is your budget for a dvr

I am welling to spend up to $300 i think for just the DVR I already have a 3TB HD in stock. I did read some of the other posts it seems TVL does not matter when it comes to analog since it is limited to

NTSC. Sucks I will have to pull all new wires to get digital.

I am welling to spend up to $300 i think for just the DVR I already have a 3TB HD in stock. I did read some of the other posts it seems TVL does not matter when it comes to analog since it is limited to

Why do you need to pull new cables ? Just look for a cvi system

TV lines does matter for analog ........ But I would look at mega pixel

And NTSC does matter it's your country's format NTSC or PAL

Most of the HD CCTV System have option to set PAL/NTSC for the DVR & Camera so this is no longer an issue with HD analog. Only traditional SD Analog have this problem.

291037_1.jpg

291037_1.png

Hi,

My company has CCTv cameras installed for years with proper placement and we had only little problems.Most security camera stills provide blurred stills and looks like it was shot on 1980’s but good videos are hard to find .Never go for cheaper options always choose a good quality product .An issue for the poor cameras can be the location they are placed in also accumulation of dust can also degrade the images try cleaning your housings .Be cautious while choosing the dealer because some provide old cameras .Always choose advanced home security systems which can provide quality videos .Choose a black and white or colour security camera according to the environment.Use colour cameras only when there is sufficient light and wired systems are the most suited for night vision monitoring as they produce accurate colour imaging.

Hi,

My company has CCTv cameras installed for years with proper placement and we had only little problems.Most security camera stills provide blurred stills and looks like it was shot on 1980’s but good videos are hard to find .Never go for cheaper options always choose a good quality product .An issue for the poor cameras can be the location they are placed in also accumulation of dust can also degrade the images try cleaning your housings .Be cautious while choosing the dealer because some provide old cameras .Always choose advanced home security systems which can provide quality videos .Choose a black and white or colour security camera according to the environment.Use colour cameras only when there is sufficient light and wired systems are the most suited for night vision monitoring as they produce accurate colour imaging.

I do not agree with you on the bolded part though. Nowadays most decent manufacturer's Infra Red is very well tuned for total darkeness, there is no reason to go for a black & white camera. And if not total darkness, you can in fact have nice color even at night with the new Starlight CMOS from Sony.