Sign in to follow this  
Pixie

HIKVISION not working over long POE

Hello all,

First post and a problem that I have been trying to solve most of the day so far.

So I have a POE system from HIKVision and works well, I have so far 3x bullet camera's which are DS-2CD2T42WD-I5 4 MP, these are just few meters away from the NVR is a Hikvision DS-7608 NI-E2/8P.

Today I started cabling around the building, so after the hard work is done, I simply can't get the camera to work. Distance between NVR and camera 40-50m.

In the beginning I was thinking of a faulty plug, so did the crimping again, and again and again.

The camera does start, boots, then it powers off.

Decided to test the ethernet cable by plugging on end into my router and walked to the other end with the MacBook Pro, and yes the cable is fine, 1Gbit per sec, ip address is fine, reaching the router, getting on the internet.

I also tried two other dome camera's from Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I but with no lock.

The cable is a premium cat5e

That should work. I have actually used up to 300m of 24AWG copper Cat6 cable (which is not adviseable, but it can work).

It seems that the data is fine, but maybe not the power. I would test powering the camera with a 12V power supply. And I would also test with the laptop, but connected to one of the POE ports on the NVR. You can assing yourself a fixed IP on the IP cameras range, and you should be able to connect to the other cameras already connected to the POE ports.

Have you crimped the cable to conform to the 568B standard?

Yes, I've done many crimping and all following the 568B standards, like I said my Macbook Pro had no problem connecting to the router at the other end, so ip address from DHCP, ping and browsing the net just fine.

Just the camera is not working and I tried three different HIK camera's with the same result.

Have you crimped the cable to conform to the 568B standard?

Yes, I've done many crimping and all following the 568B standards, like I said my Macbook Pro had no problem connecting to the router at the other end, so ip address from DHCP, ping and browsing the net just fine.

Just the camera is not working and I tried three different HIK camera's with the same result.

What EXACT cable are you using. Post a link to the cable.

Hi there

Did you ever resolve this? i have exactly the same problem and its driving me mad.

If i connect to inline power supply and into laptop i can view cameras fine but once plugged into built in poe nvr it doent work.

On usage screen of poe nvr it says im well within limits.

2 cameras working within 20m but after that it wont