2085wayne

Strange conflict.

Hi all,

Wondered if someone can shed a bit of light on this.

I have a Dahua ip cam & Nvr.

When they are both connected to a local network (via a router and without), the browser will only open one of the devices, it seems as though it prioritises depending on what the HTTP port is set too, but will not open both devices together, I have to unplug one of them from the network to allow the browser to open the one that isnt working (if that makes sense)

The ip address's are different (so no conflict), the gateway is the same and matches the router, I have tried changing port numbers and primary/secondry dns to various address's.

So have tried a number of variations, but still no luck.

Anyone had this before?

So current settings:

Camera........

IP 192.168.1.80

Subnet 255.255.255.0

Gateway 192.168.1.1

Pref Dns 192.168.1.1

Alt Dns 8.8.8.8

TCP Port 37777

UDP Port 37778

HTTP Port 80

HTTP's Port 443

NVR...........

IP 192.168.1.82

Gateway 192.168.1.1

Subnet 255.255.255.0

Primary DNS 192.168.1.1

Sec DNS 8.8.8.8

Media Port 34567

HTTP Port 80

I tried changing the HTTP ports 80 for one and 1025 for another and that didnt help.

Many thanks!!

Hi all,

Wondered if someone can shed a bit of light on this.

I have a Dahua ip cam & Nvr.

When they are both connected to a local network (via a router and without), the browser will only open one of the devices, it seems as though it prioritises depending on what the HTTP port is set too, but will not open both devices together, I have to unplug one of them from the network to allow the browser to open the one that isnt working (if that makes sense)

The ip address's are different (so no conflict), the gateway is the same and matches the router, I have tried changing port numbers and primary/secondry dns to various address's.

So have tried a number of variations, but still no luck.

Anyone had this before?

So current settings:

Camera........

IP 192.168.1.80

Subnet 255.255.255.0

Gateway 192.168.1.1

Pref Dns 192.168.1.1

Alt Dns 8.8.8.8

TCP Port 37777

UDP Port 37778

HTTP Port 80

HTTP's Port 443

NVR...........

IP 192.168.1.82

Gateway 192.168.1.1

Subnet 255.255.255.0

Primary DNS 192.168.1.1

Sec DNS 8.8.8.8

Media Port 34567

HTTP Port 80

I tried changing the HTTP ports 80 for one and 1025 for another and that didnt help.

Many thanks!!

If you are accessing these on the internal network, the LAN, DNS and gateway won't matter. But what you describe is strange. You aren't trying to access this from the public Internet, right?

Hi,

Thanks for the asking...

No, definitely on a local set up, both on site (at the clients) and also in my office where I simply connected the two devices into a 5 port switch, then access that through the laptop, and the same issue occurred!

Does that answer help at all?

Cheers.

Hi,

Thanks for the asking...

No, definitely on a local set up, both on site (at the clients) and also in my office where I simply connected the two devices into a 5 port switch, then access that through the laptop, and the same issue occurred!

Does that answer help at all?

Cheers.

What happens if you try pinging each one?

Hi there,

Good question that..yep just pinged both (whilst both connected) and replies from both.

Thank you!

Hi there,

Good question that..yep just pinged both (whilst both connected) and replies from both.

Thank you!

Now try pinging each individually with the other disconnected to make sure there's nothing weird going on there, which I'd expect nothing surprising there.

Then try a different browser or clearing the cache. The original issue is so strange that it almost seems like the browser might be doing something odd.

Try disconnecting both devices and scan IP addresses on the network (I suggest Advanced IP Scanner) to check if there is any IP address conflict, ie. is there any other device with ...1.80 or ...1.82 address.

Next, try using different IP addresses (192.168.1.180 , 192.168.1.182)

And finally, one question: what kind of network equipment you use, is there any smart LAN switch or something like that?

Try disconnecting both devices and scan IP addresses on the network (I suggest Advanced IP Scanner) to check if there is any IP address conflict, ie. is there any other device with ...1.80 or ...1.82 address.

Next, try using different IP addresses (192.168.1.180 , 192.168.1.182)

And finally, one question: what kind of network equipment you use, is there any smart LAN switch or something like that?

Good thought about scanning, however he has tried connecting only the camera, DVR and computer to its own switch. But yes, I never thought of the smart switch thing.

Open a command prompt and do

arp -a

and check that they have unique MAC addresses. I have seen similar before with some wifi gear that was "unlocked" by a seller which basically involved them cloning the entire eeprom between things, including the mac address.