six10ken

Broadcasting cctv images for customers at street level.

Good day all.

I have personal experience with DVRs, but little with NVR and network cams.

I am hoping you can help us improve and upgrade our old DVR system and use a NVR and 3-5MP ultra low light cameras.

Some background on us and the current way we are using one of the DVRs.

We have a large multi room nightclub In Indonesia.

8 different bars all in one large location.

On the street front we have a large tv that we broadcast images of each of the bars, but only when they are busy.

So we may have the switch box set for 1 to 8 channels, that rotate at an adjustable speed.

These images go from an 8 CH DVR with the "loop" out port, to a Guili 16 ch audio/video switch, then to a Guili 8 channel video distributor box, and out to 3 different locations/tvs.

2 TVs at our entry ticket sales counters, and the third TV on the sidewalk street level for pedestrians walking past.....this third tv will very soon be replaced by a large multi panel out door LED billboard.

This allows us to turn on and choose to broadcast 1-8 channels of cctv cameras at the various bars, to try and show how large a place we are and attract the public walking by.

This switch is important, as we ONLY want to show the bars that are busy and full of people...So often we only have 2 or 3 cameras showing on a auto switch rotation that changes about every 3-4 seconds.

We would like to upgrade this system to a HD digital NVR system.

From the research I have done, and trying to do this with one of the existing NVRs we have, I have not found a way to duplicate this system.

Is there a NVR available with the "loop" outports?

I have tried a VGA to BNC cable on the NVR, but could not get a proper signal.

With only a VGA and HDMI video out ports, can this be duplicated with HDMI cables and do they have HDMI A/V switch and distributor boxes?

Can anyone recommend the products we may need or offer a solution in how to get this working?

I will try to attach some photos of the equipment I described above.

Seems I can attach only 3 pictures.

The 4th is a monitor we placed above the switcher and distributor. Its signal comes direct from the DVR. So staff can view all 8 channels/bars, and decide what CH to turn on/off for broadcasting.

I thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Ken J Wickes

1459500589_DVRLOOPoutports.thumb.jpg.b06d327eabcf316ddc3f49db38cc010c.jpg

882434971_12CHAVswticher.thumb.jpg.70d130630895a50215a9780067f3d034.jpg

1541022073_8CHDistributor.thumb.jpg.4a585c64e0f7daeaa8c9e14922f718bf.jpg

Virtually all DVR/NVR equipment supports pulling snapshots from IP Cameras connected to them.

Please see methods below. That you could use with any equipment ("Hardware") you decide to migrate to:

viewtopic.php?p=290043#p290043

Note: The above link also has many live demos so you can see these methods in use.

Don

Hi Don, thanks for the reply and suggestions.

I scanned through the posts on the link you sent, and honestly most is over my head, but caught the jist of what our suggesting.

The comments seem more geared to broadcasting on a webpage...?

Your reply stated "snapshots" can be shared.

We are looking for real time video streaming, and being able to easily select 1 to 8 channels to broadcast at any given time. We don't want to advertise to the street and ticket counters a bar that is empty at that moment, and this can tend to change very quickly. From having a busy dance floor to being empty within 5-7 minutes.

Sadly, being in a 3rd world foreign country, its rather challenging to find any properly trained or capable companies/individuals with technical skills for projects like this.

Hi Don, thanks for the reply and suggestions.

I scanned through the posts on the link you sent, and honestly most is over my head, but caught the jist of what our suggesting.

The comments seem more geared to broadcasting on a webpage...?

Your reply stated "snapshots" can be shared.

We are looking for real time video streaming, and being able to easily select 1 to 8 channels to broadcast at any given time. We don't want to advertise to the street and ticket counters a bar that is empty at that moment, and this can tend to change very quickly. From having a busy dance floor to being empty within 5-7 minutes.

Sadly, being in a 3rd world foreign country, its rather challenging to find any properly trained or capable companies/individuals with technical skills for projects like this.

Hello,

The methods shown in my prior post can be used for the purposes you need as well.

That said. If you need full-motion video from the cameras? Then you could run media players like VLC, FFmpeg or others to display full motion video.

The question I have is are these camera feeds being displayed at multiple places currently and are you using monitors/TV's ("With no computer(s) and/or Ethernet connections") vs. computers with Ethernet connections to do this now to display those camera feeds?

Don

I would keep it simple ...... Just as you already have but change your multiplexer for a network tv box and you can call upto 8 IP cameras in any configuration

Don.

Currently its 3 separate locations and just your typical LED tv, no CPU or ethernet connections.

Im glad you brought this up, as I had no thought about the future plan to change one of these displays.

1 of these will soon be replaced by a large outdoor LED banner/billboard and ran off a CPU.

This will be a vertical banner. Using a portion for advertising at the top, then the CCTV broadcast at the bottom.

This is the primary and most important location for our broadcasting, right at the sidewalk street level.

So technically, your suggestion would probably be what we will need to do for that location.

For the remaining 2 other locations/tvs, I'm sorry I'm not positive, but believe they are smart tvs, and we could arrange to have LAN/Ethernet cables ran to them.

Im going to have to have my IT team and current CCTV supplier investigate this thread and solutions further.

I was hoping for a fairly similar and easy set up lie we are running.

Hi Tom..

I will look into that. Being here in Indonesia the past 7 years, I've lost touch with all the recent advances in products and peripherals the digital networking equipment.

Thanks guys. I was sure there has to be a way, i just wasn't making any head way researching it online myself. I greatly appreciate your assistance.

Ken

Don.

Currently its 3 separate locations and just your typical LED tv, no CPU or ethernet connections.

Im glad you brought this up, as I had no thought about the future plan to change one of these displays.

1 of these will soon be replaced by a large outdoor LED banner/billboard and ran off a CPU.

This will be a vertical banner. Using a portion for advertising at the top, then the CCTV broadcast at the bottom.

This is the primary and most important location for our broadcasting, right at the sidewalk street level.

So technically, your suggestion would probably be what we will need to do for that location.

For the remaining 2 other locations/tvs, I'm sorry I'm not positive, but believe they are smart tvs, and we could arrange to have LAN/Ethernet cables ran to them.

Im going to have to have my IT team and current CCTV supplier investigate this thread and solutions further.

I was hoping for a fairly similar and easy set up lie we are running.

Hi Tom..

I will look into that. Being here in Indonesia the past 7 years, I've lost touch with all the recent advances in products and peripherals the digital networking equipment.

Thanks guys. I was sure there has to be a way, i just wasn't making any head way researching it online myself. I greatly appreciate your assistance.

Ken

I think if you still can get SDI DVR it is a better solution, I have done a few installation for Clubs using SDI Speed dome and one of the bigger one in fact using all SDI camera for their surveillance.