Sign in to follow this  
weebs

Network Cameras on a LAN

With the help of the CCTV forums I recently purchased 4 Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-I (3MP PoE Network) cameras and a TP-Link 8-Port PoE switch. I have a computer to connect to the switch and in theory run/record the cameras, however, I was not planning on connecting this computer or the TP-Link switch to the internet. The Hikvision SADP software can see the cameras but it's the only thing. I cannot connect to the cameras by their default IP in a browser and iSpy does cannot find the cameras.

Does anyone know if there is a solution to this problem without having to connect the system to the internet?

You dont need the internet. You are doing something wrong..make sure the ip cameras are on the same subnet as your router. If you are not using a router, that is your issue...you need to set static ip addresses for the cameras. leave the gateway and dns blank.

I have an unmanaged switch, I can set the cameras' IP using the included SADP software but I believe the Hikvision cameras come with a default static IP. Maybe it has something to do with the subnet. It's weird I am able to see them with SADP but not with anything else.

By default they come with 192.168.1.64. If you do not have a router/DHCP server on the netwotk (which you do not, if you only have a switch, cameras, and your computer), you will need to set up manually an IP on your computer that matches that subnet, 192.168.1.x. Otherwise you will not be able to access the cameras.

Sorry about the delay, I was not able to try out your solution until recently but it worked. I had difficulty changing my computer's network settings but I could easily change the cameras' subnet address and it all works now. I should also say that I was never able to get the cameras to be recognized by iSpy but a demo copy of Blue Iris found them no problem with the network changes.