Sign in to follow this  
gmaister22

New Home System

Hello everybody

i am looking to add a CCTV system to my house, 6 outdoor cameras. I am looking at the HIKVISION ones, the installer has recommended not to use IP cameras, whats your thoughts?

Aren't IP cameras the best cameras you can go with? Whats the difference between Turbo HD and HD SDI cameras i am looking at those and at 4-line of Network Cameras

What you think?

Hello everybody

i am looking to add a CCTV system to my house, 6 outdoor cameras. I am looking at the HIKVISION ones, the installer has recommended not to use IP cameras, whats your thoughts?

Aren't IP cameras the best cameras you can go with? Whats the difference between Turbo HD and HD SDI cameras i am looking at those and at 4-line of Network Cameras

What you think?

Go with a different installer. Hes trying to use cheaper systems to increase his profit. A new install should be ip.

Alright! Thanks, he said that IP cameras are not good because of delays and that the video might freeze etc

It sounds that the installer might not be lying. It is him to save you in trouble, Not the guys promoting IP cameras, even for simple home applications.

Alright! Thanks, he said that IP cameras are not good because of delays and that the video might freeze etc

It sounds that the installer might not be lying. It is him to save you in trouble, Not the guys promoting IP cameras, even for simple home applications.

Betamax vcr and a few old cameras with multiplexer. That will save money sunnykim ?

Hello everybody

What you think?

Hi. If not IP then your installer is looking at hik tvi.

Tvi is a open platform and not hikvisions ....... Hikvision is behind the times now ........you can get hybrid cameras .......which output cvi tvi ADH and 960h and can also be used with most DVRs and NVRs..

Your installer knows nothing about IP cameras so that should show you he knows nothing of the industry and he should be told to not quote

It does not matter which format you go with there is no delay. But don't have installed nothing which you can upgrade with in the future