zip1

hard drive

Hi all thanks for having me I have a quick question I just bought a sannce 960 dvr system with four cameras but the dame thing didn't come with a hard drive and I was wondering what kind of hard drive I should get as it will be on 24/7 thanks

Hi all thanks for having me I have a quick question I just bought a sannce 960 dvr system with four cameras but the dame thing didn't come with a hard drive and I was wondering what kind of hard drive I should get as it will be on 24/7 thanks

That's simple. Any hard drive that physically fits and is high enough capacity for what you need. A 4 camera 960h system isn't going to be that demanding.

there are some drives specifically designed for constant read write as opposed to a pc which will generally have a long rest period when you switch off and go home from work etc.

see;-

https://www.wdc.com/en-gb/products/internal-storage/wd-purple.html?cid=goog:ppc:phase2:wdpurple:ic:purp

western digital purple.

I'm aware of the existence of these drives, but can't see how a special HDD will be of any real benefit on a system with such low bitrates (960h).

I bought a WD purple from amazon, it lasted four months then failed. Well , I thought it failed, turn out the power supply to dvr failed and i just assumed it was the hdd, So am now still happy with it.

I use mostly WD Purple series (avoid Blue series, can be incompatible with some DVRs), but, suprisingly, Toshiba's Deskstar (basic desktop series) works very fine too.