pr100

Legacy RJ11E system with dead monitors

Hi - my first post and I'm desperate, so I hope I'm in the right place!

I have an old Bosch Eazeo (formerly Philips Reo) RJ11E video surveillance system installed with 8 cameras inside and out - which all work perfectly - and a master monitor with two slave monitors scattered around the house. The master unit and one of the slave units have given up the ghost in that they don't display an image any more but the other slave monitor still works.

Since I invested quite a lot in the cameras - one of which is built into my automatic gates - I would like to keep using them; but I would need to find another way of displaying the switching images. Is there another RJ11E monitor which my cameras would plug into and work?

In an ideal world, I would like also to retain the "Action Box" functionality I had on the master and slave monitors whereby I could push a button to talk to a visitor at the gates and another button to open and close the gates…but I suspect that's too much to hope for.

My system uses 4-wire dual twisted pair cable and it's the 8-camera version of this:

https://cdn.barcodesinc.com/themes/barcodesinc/pdf/Bosch/eazeo.pdf

Grateful for any help.

Hi - my first post and I'm desperate, so I hope I'm in the right place!

I have an old Bosch Eazeo (formerly Philips Reo) RJ11E video surveillance system installed with 8 cameras inside and out - which all work perfectly - and a master monitor with two slave monitors scattered around the house. The master unit and one of the slave units have given up the ghost in that they don't display an image any more but the other slave monitor still works.

Since I invested quite a lot in the cameras - one of which is built into my automatic gates - I would like to keep using them; but I would need to find another way of displaying the switching images. Is there another RJ11E monitor which my cameras would plug into and work?

In an ideal world, I would like also to retain the "Action Box" functionality I had on the master and slave monitors whereby I could push a button to talk to a visitor at the gates and another button to open and close the gates…but I suspect that's too much to hope for.

My system uses 4-wire dual twisted pair cable and it's the 8-camera version of this:

https://cdn.barcodesinc.com/themes/barcodesinc/pdf/Bosch/eazeo.pdf

Grateful for any help.

Hi. On a 290tvl over 15 years old I would consider upgrading you will only be wasting money also you will save on your power bills.

Since you have cables in place then I would buy a cvi system ..... A dvr and 4 cameras to start and add the rest when budget allows

A dvr will also still allow you to open gates and give you the audio

If your happy with 290tvl then you will be very happy with 2mp cvi.

How are you doing your recording at the moment ?

Thanks for your advice, Tom.

It seems the cctv world has moved on a lot since I last looked into it and it doesn't help that I'm not a techie. Components seem a lot cheaper than when I was last in the market 10 years ago. But when I Googled cvi, I didn't see any brand names I recognised nor very many UK vendors. Could you point me to any?

The main reason I haven't upgraded before now is that I didn't want to dig up all the trenches containing my 4-wire dual twisted pair cable - or open up my brick gate pillars to replace the cable which leads to my gate camera and the "Action Box" which gives me 2-way audio to the gate and an open/close button on my master unit. But if you are saying that cvi will use my existing cabling then I don't mind upgrading everything else.

The main reason I bought my present system is that the one cable carries everything: video + 2-way audio + telemetry commands + power. Will cvi cameras also be able to draw power from my existing cable? And will my existing cabling to my slave monitors also work - noting that the gate function buttons also work on the slaves?

And do you know if there is a cvi equivalent of my existing gate camera/intercom/open/close unit - http://www.100share.com/zzB00026BVWS.htm ?

I don't currently use a dvr but would add one if that was the only way to access the system settings and the gate functions.

I'm sorry to ask so many questions.