B digital

MUX to LCD

For a public display project I'm attempting to display 2 seperate multiplexers on 2 seperate LCD's (32" / 1366x768p). I figured if I found a MUX with S-Vid outs (rare) I'd get a clean picture. Well, not the case.

S-vid from the MUX to the LCD displays nothing but black screen with a horizontal solid green line . When I plug a camera into the MUX it shows the image but it strobes in all display modes. The dealer claims its a refresh rate problem. I've tried converting to VGA and I get poor results. The LCD's will go back before I use the BNC monitor out.

Im looking at Kramer conversion devices but Im thinking Ill see the same incompatability between the MUX and the Kramer box (S-Vid to DVI??)

Ive tested the S-Vid on other smaller TV's and it works. I need to get a clean image to these very expensive monitors and without totally exploding the bank. Im already in pretty deep.

Thanks

Ive done it with the GE Muxes on Plasmas .. but they are higher quality muxes ... anyway, try changing the LCD's screen resolution if you can, to 1024x768 or 720x480 .. depends what it allows to switch to ..

Also, try the BNC connection. But it maybe the LCD settings itself.

There should be some frequency settings on it also.

Even when you do get it to work, the composite to digital conversion will never be as clear as on a CCTV CRT monitor, which is why LCDs & Plasmas just dont cut it for Muxes or Non VGA Standalones .. at least if you want any kind of quality.

Right. Basically, I got what I paid for with those janky muxes. I guess Ill never learn.

I think Ill send those back and upgrade to a single high-res mux displaying all eight cameras on one LCD at 1280 x 1024. The other monitor gets digital cable.

rgds