Sign in to follow this  
rdlister

Help, suggestions for camera for new home setup

I'm looking to put 3 - 4 outdoor cameras round my property. I'm looking for IP camera with the following functions

2MP

Waterproof

SD card capacity

mic

night/day

IP/cut

IR/Cut

Remote access to camera via mobile

Wifi connection

Full pan/tilt remote control via phone software

motion detection

Ideally dome / turret style.

I seen plenty of outdoor dome style camera, but struggling to find any which you can control remotely via phone to adjust the camera angle. Please could anyone suggest possibilities. Also can I get away with large SD to hold the recording and just access remotely for playback if any incidents happen, rather than a dedicated PC for DVR.

I'm looking to put 3 - 4 outdoor cameras round my property. I'm looking for IP camera with the following functions

2MP

Waterproof

SD card capacity

mic

night/day

IP/cut

IR/Cut

Remote access to camera via mobile

Wifi connection

Full pan/tilt remote control via phone software

motion detection

Ideally dome / turret style.

Hi there. As soon as you choose "Waterproof", the SD card function, Mic is a risk. It will be better to just buy a standard 2mp Outdoor IP High Speed Dome, connect it up with a wireless bridge, and the money you saved by not having an SD card/microphone build in, use it on a NVR (network recorder) or just link it to a PC inside the house....lots of free software that can work with IP PTZ cameras on which you can dial in and record. The better ones be prepared to pay a little. If you go the NVR route, and not software, you can get a separate microphone that you can install close to the PTZ, but weatherproof it on its own. At least if that blows it is R100 ($6-$8). Not a few $100 like the PTZ.

I seen plenty of outdoor dome style camera, but struggling to find any which you can control remotely via phone to adjust the camera angle. Please could anyone suggest possibilities. Also can I get away with large SD to hold the recording and just access remotely for playback if any incidents happen, rather than a dedicated PC for DVR.