faisal4955

Fiber Network Design Guidance required.

Hy

I wanna installed 30 IP cameras on a Site and display all of them in a control room which is 10Km away from site. As the Control Room is too far from Site so i am using Fiber Optic Cable for Network Connectivity. Please Guide me the scheme for Fiber Optic Network to connect all Cameras.

I would look at an alternative to a fiber run that long Wireless some thing like ubiquity air fiber will be a lot cheaper. If you have internet access at both sites. you could place the nvr near the cameras and remote in. IF running fiber is really your only option make sure to run something like 12 strand or more as you may want to tie in other ethernet devices.

If you have a line of sight I would second the Ubiquty solution. If not can you convert the fiber to copper at either end with a converter.

Hy

I wanna installed 30 IP cameras on a Site and display all of them in a control room which is 10Km away from site. As the Control Room is too far from Site so i am using Fiber Optic Cable for Network Connectivity. Please Guide me the scheme for Fiber Optic Network to connect all Cameras.

Simply connect all cameras to a high end 48 port network switch that has at least 2 SFP ports.

If cameras are PoE you can use specify this on the same switch.

If the site is high security allow for dual redundant power supplies and and UPS to protect the network switch. Using a switch that has advanced network security operating system should be considered.

Use Gigabit single mode SFPs withe appropriate optical budget to exceed the loss on the fibre cable run.

The fibre cable should be single mode with at least 8 cores (2 will be used for this, the others can be used for other separate network applications (corporate IT, alarms etc). The cable sheath should reflect the environment that the cable is to be installed.

Hope that helps

Ilkie