hi i recently purchases DVI-PCI cards and i am making an old PC into a dedicated DVR unit, it has plenty of HDD and with the cards it comes with the software,

does anyone kno if there is a program that i can use thats universal with the hardware and that allows access from a iPhone app or Android App

hi i recently purchases DVI-PCI cards and i am making an old PC into a dedicated DVR unit, it has plenty of HDD and with the cards it comes with the software,

does anyone kno if there is a program that i can use thats universal with the hardware and that allows access from a iPhone app or Android App

Its 2016...you are going backwards...

Also, check power consumption on that old pc...you would be better of replacing it with a newer one and running ip cameras..

Also, check power consumption on that old pc...you would be better of replacing it with a newer one and running ip cameras..

yea mate the PC has plenty of power, upgraded the Powersupply and few other bits and pieces,

why do you say "its 2016 you are going backwards"

correct me if im wrong, well i thought useing a PC would be much more reliable to use rather than the DVR units witch are so slow to use and always having issues, its only for private use not a full on Shopping center use lol....

but my real concern is if software is available to make it accessible using an App for the mobiles!!!

yea mate the PC has plenty of power, upgraded the Powersupply and few other bits and pieces,

why do you say "its 2016 you are going backwards"

correct me if im wrong, well i thought useing a PC would be much more reliable to use rather than the DVR units witch are so slow to use and always having issues, its only for private use not a full on Shopping center use lol....

but my real concern is if software is available to make it accessible using an App for the mobiles!!!

When i said power consumption I meant that the old pc is likely a huge power hog costing you more to run than replace with a new efficient system.

Using a pc is not the problem, I always used PC based vms, using a capture card with analog cameras on a new installation is the problem..

True that PC card with analog camera systems has been depleted. But most of newer PC cards support Windows/iPhone/Android, up to 960H recording capability. But make sure you are not buying an old type that does not support remote access form internet or smart phones.

Please please do yourself a BIG favor and stay away from low res 960h...its a joke..Ignore the folks from china who post here because their companies sell analog...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/400840126990

that is the ones i paid for x4

all up 16ch

Hi. Total waste of money .... First they are CIF cards then you are going to have a lot more costs just to see they are junk

Your old PC will not take all 4 cards

Then you need a graphics card

Then you will need standard hard drives and partition for each card then the cards are too old for remote viewing or any apps to work

By the time you have spent money you would of saved by just buying a hybrid.

Try one card first .... See if drivers work as that card has been on the forum years ago and driver was a main problem

all up 16ch

Hi. Total waste of money .... First they are CIF cards then you are going to have a lot more costs just to see they are junk

Then you will need standard hard drives and partition for each card then the cards are too old for remote viewing or any apps to work

Try one card first .... See if drivers work as that card has been on the forum years ago and driver was a main problem

Well lucky my items are getting refund because the seller has advised me the hardware has a problem and has offerd me a refund!

i have a PC with 4 Pci slots, i want to make it a DVR unit, where can can i buy a good quality DVR PCI cards from?

has to have software where it can be accessable to iPhone/android using the Cloud app on mobile

im also living in australia most prob will need to be posted to me!

thanks

Have you seen the difference between analog D1 and 1080p cameras? Why are you so stubborn? its 2016 forget about this silly idea...start researching ip cameras...

all up 16ch

Well lucky my items are getting refund because the seller has advised me the hardware has a problem and has offerd me a refund!

i have a PC with 4 Pci slots, i want to make it a DVR unit, where can can i buy a good quality DVR PCI cards from?

has to have software where it can be accessable to iPhone/android using the Cloud app on mobile

im also living in australia most prob will need to be posted to me!

thanks

Hi 4 slots .... What about graphics card

Old PC with which Windows ?

You are looking for a lot from cheap China rubbish with wanting cloud ios android apps and cloud

Then do you understand hard drive partition ? Or ram

You are going to waste your money with using old equipment and only going cif

Cvi cameras are cheaper but you need a cvi dvr ....but it will be cheaper than the one you want to build

you guys hav made me change my mind now, where can i find IP cameras

i have a 16port 10/100/1000 netgear switch to connect all the cameras too,

if i use ip i want to use a pc to record and monitor the cameras with

can some one explain what i need and where to find

thanks

you guys hav made me change my mind now, where can i find IP cameras

i have a 16port 10/100/1000 netgear switch to connect all the cameras too,

if i use ip i want to use a pc to record and monitor the cameras with

can some one explain what i need and where to find

thanks

You may go for HD-TVI or HD-AHD stand alone DVR.

You may use either analog cameras or HD -analog cameras,

which are very cheap.

If you go for IP camera system, you may check out POE and software fees for each camera.

If you go for IP camera system, you may check out POE and software fees for each camera.

That's a new one POE fees. How much is that for each camera

POE HAS NO FEE AT ALL TALKING CRAP AGAIN.

AS FAR AS CAMERA COSTS Stay with brand name and same software and it's free

thanks for advice, but can anyone forward me to where i can buy these IP cameras, i can only find these Wireless ones that go for $30 each, i want wired ones that connect to my 16port switch and i wanna use a PC to monitor them....

all help appreciated

thanks for advice, but can anyone forward me to where i can buy these IP cameras, i can only find these Wireless ones that go for $30 each, i want wired ones that connect to my 16port switch and i wanna use a PC to monitor them....

all help appreciated

Then you havent read this forum or done even the slightest bit of research..

all help appreciated

Then you havent read this forum or done even the slightest bit of research..

tbh - i haven't had time to sit down and go through, been on the go with work just refreshing this page to see updates

So i bought these

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/222110162468?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and i bought A POE Switch

and im going to use a PC as the NVR insted of a stand alone

what software is usefull?

Why ?

So buy junk and expect a system ............ Did you see the good night time image on your eBay listing ???

If it is that good why not show. Night image outside ...... To show how good ..... Not in a living room

As far as buying 1ip ...... That is the lowest you can get plus lens is crap ....... Same image as a cheap webcam

I don't know why you are fixed on using your old PC ..... But it's going to cost to bring in up to something that can run 16 IP cameras

Your looking for software ....... You did not read earlier post.

Now you could be paying a licence fee ...... More than you paid for each camera

So best just using the software that comes with that camera