Sign in to follow this  
MStokesH

System Using the Sony PVM-411 - Not Working - Help Requested

I picked up some old Sony PVM-411 rack mount monitors the other day and was hoping to do a cool vintage looking security setup for fun. I bought a set of Samsung 720P cameras, connected them to the monitors and I'm not seeing any picture, just static. I've messed with the vertical and horizontal alignment as well. Can anyone thing of what might be the problem and how to fix this?

The cameras have BNC connectors

The monitors have BNC inputs

The cameras have power.

Thanks a lot for your help. It would be much appreciated.

I picked up some old Sony PVM-411 rack mount monitors the other day and was hoping to do a cool vintage looking security setup for fun. I bought a set of Samsung 720P cameras, connected them to the monitors and I'm not seeing any picture, just static. I've messed with the vertical and horizontal alignment as well. Can anyone thing of what might be the problem and how to fix this?

The cameras have BNC connectors

The monitors have BNC inputs

The cameras have power.

Thanks a lot for your help. It would be much appreciated.

Wont work...the samsung cameras are likely CVI or TVI...they cannot be directly connected to an analog monitor...

Wont work...the samsung cameras are likely CVI or TVI...they cannot be directly connected to an analog monitor...

Any suggestions on what I can do to make it work? Thanks.

Any suggestions on what I can do to make it work? Thanks.

Toss the monitors in the trash, its 2016..buy an large led monitor and DVR that is compatible with the cameras..Or buy cheap analog cameras..

Toss the monitors in the trash, its 2016..buy an large led monitor and DVR that is compatible with the cameras..Or buy cheap analog cameras..

Cheap analog cameras.. like 960H? If those would work, I'd consider that. It's for a vintage movie set design project I'm working on. It's less about the quality of the resolution and more about the monitors.

Thanks.

Cheap analog cameras.. like 960H? If those would work, I'd consider that. It's for a vintage movie set design project I'm working on. It's less about the quality of the resolution and more about the monitors.

Thanks.

yes, those should work..