Hi,

I have an UTMARK Global Innovations SMART Home Security System.

It is made in China and has no real model number that I can see and poor documentation.

It supports 4 cameras.

Currently what I have completed is

- all 4 cameras displaying via a VGA connection onto a PC monitor

- internet access via DVR168.com and an esee number the system created when connected

to my router.

What I still need to do if possible

1. Record to an external USB HDD as the Internal SATA appears to have failed. The issue is that it won't find the USB HDD. Must you always run a SATA internal HDD and if not any suggestions as to how to get it to recognise and record to the usb HDD?

2. I have tried connecting a BNC connector via COAX cable to a TV splitter. I believe that the reason I don't see anything on TV's connected to the splitter is the encoding?? Is there a way to go from the DVR which has BNC and HDMI output (vga is being used for the monitor) into the splitter so that all the tv's in the house can see the 4 cameras?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bill

Hi. Another China cloud system

I know it's not what you want to hear

Why do people buy security and then allow a China company to punch a big hole in there network .... Giving access o everything you do on your own network .... Internet banking .. Contacts ... Anything personal.

Dvr168.com belongs to a company called XIN NET TECHNOLOG

If your having problems it's time to change your system and remove all software related to that company from PC and have your ISP do a reset of your router

Hi. Another China cloud system

I know it's not what you want to hear

Why do people buy security and then allow a China company to punch a big hole in there network .... Giving access o everything you do on your own network .... Internet banking .. Contacts ... Anything personal.

Dvr168.com belongs to a company called XIN NET TECHNOLOG

If your having problems it's time to change your system and remove all software related to that company from PC and have your ISP do a reset of your router

Hi,

Bit confused here.

My wife bought this system and there was no indication about it being on a chinese network, plus lots of things are made in China now anyway.

Are you saying that the people that run dvr168 are untrustworthy and have stolen people's bank accounts and personal information? This is not a big deal to me anyway as I don't really need internet monitoring. If I did want this what internet based business would you recommend and why?

Unfortunately the reply also didn't answer my 2 questions? Sounds like you have lots of experience, could you possibly help with the questions please?

Bill

I believe it is unlikely that you can record directly to USB. The port is provided to take backup/copy of video already recorded onto the internal hard disk. I think you'll have to fix it properly.

Have you tried the DVR BNC out signal directly to one TV (no splitter)? You should be plugging to an AV input, not the TV aerial.

I believe it is unlikely that you can record directly to USB. The port is provided to take backup/copy of video already recorded onto the internal hard disk. I think you'll have to fix it properly.

Have you tried the DVR BNC out signal directly to one TV (no splitter)? You should be plugging to an AV input, not the TV aerial.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Getting a new internal SATA HDD today, so that side of things should be fine.

Is it possible to go from the BNC to the splitter/direct to antenna via a modulator? The problem I am trying to solve is getting the image to all the TV's in the house without running additional HDMI or other cabling. Is this possible?