naiefelyemeni

250ft Ip poe run issues ? power? or video issue?

hi guys i installed 12 4mp ip cameras that have a draw of about 400ma through a 48v 16ch built in poe nvr

GW ( Great wall ) brand .. 10 worked fine , 4 of them on 200ft lines working fine.. its the farthest 2 im gaving issues with.. IRs light up but NVR not picking.them up..

i tried a 200ft line and coupler followed by a 50ft line so total 250ft each.. for Both cameras..No go.. i tried diff couplers and same thing.. i tried making my own cables using solid copper 5e 24awg and still no good ?? i tested out the cables out by plugging them to a router than to my laptop i got internet? i know best would be to use a cable tester but im pretty sure there good.. u guys think 250ft is just to far ? GW customer support told me up to 300ft shouldnt be an issue? u think if i change to cat6 will make.a.diff? 1 Awg will make the diff?

Did you wire them with the 568 standard?

You install cameras and dont have a tester? Come on!!!

Finally, stop buying subpar gear!!! Didnt you learn your lesson from your Balun fisasco?

Did you wire them with the 568 standard?

You install cameras and dont have a tester? Come on!!!

Finally, stop buying subpar gear!!! Didnt you learn your lesson from your Balun fisasco?

lol i never learn my lesson .. its my firsy ip system .. i tried premade cables and cables i.made nvr doesnt picl.them up? maybe not enough power for 250ft??

is 568 standard neccesary?? as long as the ends match up is it ok?? i read that thats not the case that the greeens split up they go around the center blue pair? what does that accomplish ? i thought as long as the ends match im good ? i have a feeling this is where i messed uo lol

is 568 standard neccesary?? as long as the ends match up is it ok?? i read that thats not the case that the greeens split up they go around the center blue pair? what does that accomplish ? i thought as long as the ends match im good ? i have a feeling this is where i messed uo lol

YES!!!!!! you cannot just match up ends!!! They are twisted SPECIFICALLY to prevent interference. That is why its not working. You need to stop "installing" systems until you learn to do it properly. Im sure there are many other mistakes you are making. I sure hope this system is not critical.

YES!!!!!! you cannot just match up ends!!! They are twisted SPECIFICALLY to prevent interference. That is why its not working. You need to stop "installing" systems until you learn to do it properly. Im sure there are many other mistakes you are making. I sure hope this system is not critical.

its my first ip system didnt know it was neccaasary.. thanks i will change the order to 568B standard..