Mr. Anonymous

1080p IP Sensor Types

Please tell me how someone who calls themselves a professional installer doesn't now the proper spec for Ethernet or claims that COPPER wire has a limited life span...I doubt your entire story...

https://kb.wisc.edu/ns/page.php?id=7829

Oops I mixed up 100 meters with feet. So a little more than 200. Also you don't understand the OSI model. Every camera is a computer. Wifi or not. And as for security, encryption man. It takes a very powerful computer to decrypt 1024 or larger AES.

Its not a little more, its 328...that is more than 200 percent greater than your stated 100 FEET. And when you state a little more than 300 you prove again that you are simply uneducated. Look up meters and learn their size. I never said anything about encryption. I am explaining to your novice mind that a camera streaming 100 percent of the time cannot have packet loss or the image will be corrupt....there simply is no wifi that is as reliable as ethernet. In a large public place, its all more important to have cameras that cannot be jammed with a cell phone app. You are a danger to your customers.

You also misrepresent the cost of cable..."****loads" is not appropriate when you can run a basic house for 100 dollars (a high quality 1000 foot solid copper roll)....

Also you are NOT an engineer. An engineer would not "mix up" feet and meters...and call it a bit more...a meter is more than 3 times a foot.

Edited by Guest

I did state that we do Surveillance as-well. And basically any IP device goes by the same principals. An IP light switch, thermostat, anything. It works the same. If you have a cheapy camera,

Totally wrong ... Nothing you listed has anything near the data load as say a 3mp camera.

Your talking commercial .. This thread is about a home

Also we clean up the messes that other fools that don't know wifi create. They create self interference and we get called in to redo it. We don't even need to change equipment. They just throw **** up they don't understand and cause the channels to overlap.

Are u talking about wifi cameras or IP radios plus IP cameras?

It seems like you guys have no clue...no worriers...eventually a new competent contractor will clean up your mess.

Grow up. It's a mistake to pull others down .... In your posts .... Well not posts it's more like reading war and peace but still with a lot of mistakes so your not that perfect.

It seems like you guys have no clue...no worriers...eventually a new competent contractor will clean up your mess.

Grow up. It's a mistake to pull others down .... In your posts .... Well not posts it's more like reading war and peace but still with a lot of mistakes so your not that perfect.

Dont really need your advice.....this guy came in here trashing proper advice with nonsense. Hes getting what he deserves...if I offend you, you are welcome to ignore my posts.

Dont really need your advice.....this guy came in here trashing proper advice with nonsense. Hes getting what he deserves...if I offend you, you are welcome to ignore my posts.

The post was not directed to you .... Infact it does not have any of your quotes in it.

:lol: I enjoy a good challenge, worth my money for fun at this point.

Will be cheaper to have someone run the cable for you...remember that even if it works most of the time, Murphy's law will bite you..

There, in this forum, guys who are obsessed with IP cameras, from Hik or Dahua, even though no way to get direct help from them. You do not need to get mad against them. But remeber always these guys do not help you out when you are in trouble.

There, in this forum, guys who are obsessed with IP cameras, from Hik or Dahua, even though no way to get direct help from them. You do not need to get mad against them. But remeber always these guys do not help you out when you are in trouble.

You do realize that the OP was talking about IP cameras right? Guess your chinese to english translator is not working properly....

You also realize that you can buy BOTH analog cameras and IP cameras from places that provide end user support..right?

One thing we do know is that buying from your company or the random ebay/ali crap you recommend will never come with support.

While we are on this subject, what does everyone think about these cheap switches for use with IP cameras?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-port-RJ-45-10-100-1000-Gigabit-Ethernet-Network-Switch-Auto-MDI-MDIX-Hub-DC-5V-/291738459332?hash=item43ecf79cc4:g:d8EAAOSwKfVXEMHe

I really only need to splice into 2 at the end of a run but a 5-port is a standard size.

Because it never works it's junk and does not conform to any standards

Look at netgear .... Go to a local store

While we are on this subject, what does everyone think about these cheap switches for use with IP cameras?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-port-RJ-45-10-100-1000-Gigabit-Ethernet-Network-Switch-Auto-MDI-MDIX-Hub-DC-5V-/291738459332?hash=item43ecf79cc4:g:d8EAAOSwKfVXEMHe

I really only need to splice into 2 at the end of a run but a 5-port is a standard size.

...$5 more?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/D-Link-DIR-815-600Mbps-Wireless-N-Dual-Band-4-Port-Router-N600-w-Firewall-/371320150053?hash=item567467d825:g:1uUAAOSwEeFVR7zw

...$5 more?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/D-Link-DIR-815-600Mbps-Wireless-N-Dual-Band-4-Port-Router-N600-w-Firewall-/371320150053?hash=item567467d825:g:1uUAAOSwEeFVR7zw

If you don't know the differance .... One is a switch the other is a router. And have you spotted why it's only $19

Edited by Guest

If you don't know the differance .... One is a switch the other is a router.

Umm....yes, thats why you disable the wifi for the price. I am sure you will find something wrong with that too though. Incase you dont know how to spell it is *difference*

Umm....yes, thats why you disable the wifi for the price. I am sure you will find something wrong with that too though. Incase you dont know how to spell it is *difference*

See you can't see why ...... basic networking

netgear switch is cheap ..... Is that a problem for you

See you can't see why ...... basic networking

netgear switch is cheap ..... Is that a problem for you

Define cheap

Wireless is the lazy way to do things. Period! It's well know that it is undependable and problem prone. All one has to do is read threads on most anything wireless, especially consumer home video gear.