anarchy2007

Dahua Smart PSS PC-NVR

Hi, is there anyone here that can maybe assist me with PC-NVR. I have been trying to get it to record locally but to no avail. I can also not find anything other than the simple setup.

I have 3x Dahua HDCVI DVRs setup in a local area. they are connected via an outdoor wireless system (Ubiquity AirmaX). All cameras are setup on SMART PSS, are visible and can be accessed and configured remotely. In other words everything works 100%. EXCEPT PC-NVR.

I open PC-NVR, add remote devices and cameras, setup disc management to a spare 2TB drive labeled as D:\, Change record plan to record permanently. And that is it, not recording ever happens. I have gone as far as to add PC-NVR as a device in MART PSS and all the cameras assigned to PC-NVR display fine in LIVEVIEW. I can even click on the recorder icon in the displayed video window and it records that specific camera to D:\. But it will not automatically record. What am i doing wrong?

Most likely a firmware issue. Most a support question to Dahua support.

I don't know what FW it is that you may be referring to as this is PC-NVR the software that comes with SMART PSS. And not a NVR recorder.

Anyhow, to get PC-NVR to work there are two key elements not mentioned in any tutorial.

I) PC-NVR must be added as a device in SMART PSS (the same way you would add any DVR)

II) When using PLAYBACK, select the cameras under PC-NVR device (the same way you would any DVR) and select to search on DEVICE and not LOCAL.

Hi, is there anyone here that can maybe assist me with PC-NVR. I have been trying to get it to record locally but to no avail. I can also not find anything other than the simple setup.

I have 3x Dahua HDCVI DVRs setup in a local area. they are connected via an outdoor wireless system (Ubiquity AirmaX). All cameras are setup on SMART PSS, are visible and can be accessed and configured remotely. In other words everything works 100%. EXCEPT PC-NVR.

I open PC-NVR, add remote devices and cameras, setup disc management to a spare 2TB drive labeled as D:\, Change record plan to record permanently. And that is it, not recording ever happens. I have gone as far as to add PC-NVR as a device in MART PSS and all the cameras assigned to PC-NVR display fine in LIVEVIEW. I can even click on the recorder icon in the displayed video window and it records that specific camera to D:\. But it will not automatically record. What am i doing wrong?

Hi. Download PSS not smart PSS and see if you have the same problem

This is the download click on it from pc

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/download/20160527sxeoiv.7z

Hi. Download PSS not smart PSS and see if you have the same problem

This is the download click on it from pc

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/download/20160527sxeoiv.7z

Thanks for the response, I got it to work eventually using the steps I posted before. BUT there is one thing I would love to be able to do and that is record remotely in 2nd or sub stream. Will the PSS in the link allow me to do this?

What are you trying to achieve? A backup system?

I would like to achieve two things:

I) A back-Up system.

These recorders are all situated in a very high crime area. the risk of them being stolen or damaged is very high.

II) I don't want to assign all the bandwidth of the WLAN to just the back-up or off site recording. (This is a private outdoor wireless network 150Mbps without internet connection) Hence why I would like to remotely record in a much lower stream.

So you need a low-bandwidth backup system.

Level 2 questions:

push or pull?

-you could pull all video and record what's needed [from the HCVRs]

-you can push to an external storage what's needed [from the HCVRs]

I would opt for "push". Did you explore that posibility?

Thanks for the response,

I hope I'm understanding you correctly:

Copying to an external storage is not an option as the DVRs are located remotely in the field and one would have to go to the DVDr to do this.

Downloading all the data once a day on a quieter time can work but if the DVR is stolen that data will be lost. I need a real time back up solution that can be accessed immediately if needed.

I have explored all the options and PC-NVR does exactly what I need it to do. The only issue is the high bandwidth. If there is a way to record the sub or 2nd stream with PC-NVR instead of the mainstream it will do exactly what I want.