Sign in to follow this  
calebpinter

avoiding losses over length of cable

Hello,

I'm looking at setting up a cctv system but needed some advice. I am looking at using a Q-see 720p system that has good reviews at costco but the issue I'm concerned about is that I need to run 70 meters of cable for the camera that would be farthest away from the DVR. I'm wondering if theres anything I can do to avoid losing the entire signal over the course of the cabling?

Thanks

Hello,

I'm looking at setting up a cctv system but needed some advice. I am looking at using a Q-see 720p system that has good reviews at costco but the issue I'm concerned about is that I need to run 70 meters of cable for the camera that would be farthest away from the DVR. I'm wondering if theres anything I can do to avoid losing the entire signal over the course of the cabling?

Thanks

what type of system? model? is it ip? or hd over coax?

I guess what I'd really like to know is what is it that determined the length of cable I can run? Is it the DVR or the cameras? what do I need to look for to be able to run 70m of cable?

I guess what I'd really like to know is what is it that determined the length of cable I can run? Is it the DVR or the cameras? what do I need to look for to be able to run 70m of cable?

Hi I would go with lorex cvi .... The q-see is the same at Costco but it's old model.

Cvi is good for 500m