camerapalooza

New Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I can't get it to work at all.

Hello all.

Purchased a Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I that I can not get to work. My router doesn't see it and the SADP tool doesn't find it. I've tried PoE injecting 12v and I've also tried a 12v adapter plugged into the 12v plug on the camera.

Tried several known-good patch cables and known-good router ports.

Any suggestions? Thanks guy.

Do the leds on the camera turn on at any time during boot? After a while pluged in, if you turn off the lights do the leds turn on? Are there any visible signs that the camera is actually powered up?

I'll have to turn the lights off to see if the LEDs come on. I didn't think of that.

I used this PoE injector:

Feature:

Over voltage protection,Overload protection.

Short CUT protection,Over temperature Protection.

Universal AC Input

Efficiency: >80% full load typical

High MTBF and Long life

Specification:

Power Input: 110-240V, 50 / 60Hz, 0.5A

Power Output: 12V 1A

Data Pin: 1236

Supply pins: 45 (+) 78 (-)

Color:Black

Dimensions:8.4 x 4.3 x 3cm/3.31 x 1.69 x 1.18""(L x W x T)

Weight:75g

The adapter I tried is a 12v DC .5A (max) supply.

I'll have to turn the lights off to see if the LEDs come on. I didn't think of that.

I used this PoE injector:

Feature:

Over voltage protection,Overload protection.

Short CUT protection,Over temperature Protection.

Universal AC Input

Efficiency: >80% full load typical

High MTBF and Long life

Specification:

Power Input: 110-240V, 50 / 60Hz, 0.5A

Power Output: 12V 1A

Data Pin: 1236

Supply pins: 45 (+) 78 (-)

Color:Black

Dimensions:8.4 x 4.3 x 3cm/3.31 x 1.69 x 1.18""(L x W x T)

Weight:75g

The adapter I tried is a 12v DC .5A (max) supply.

Your poe injector is not 802 compliant and will not work.

Your power supply is under powered. You need 12v 1A power supply.

If you would have posted this information in the other forum where you acted like a know it all then you could have been helped. This is basic user error.

If you would have posted this information in the other forum where you acted like a know it all then you could have been helped. This is basic user error.

I never acted like a know-it-all, I simply stated what I understood. That is not to say I was correct. If the guys in the other forum hadn't acted in the age-old immature fashion of "Firstly, you're an idiot. Now tell me what you did and you'll understand why you're stupid" right from the start then things would've gone super-smooth. Come on, the one guy goes out on the web to get a "You're a douche-bag!" image simply to post it and call someone a douche-bag and makes no attempt to help. That is the pot calling the kettle black. The other guy asserts the a-factual statement "poe does not operate over 12v". Anyway, like I said, I'll find the help I need elsewhere. Back to the subject.

So what do you mean by compliant? As far as I understand the only thing that matters in this case is having a passive 12v PoE injection, which means constant power on pins 4,5 and 7,8. This is where you correct me where I'm wrong (without the condescension I experienced in the other forum).

Or, simply link me to an inexpensive PoE injector that will work. That would be the easiest solution.

I never acted like a know-it-all, I simply stated what I understood. That is not to say I was correct. If the guys in the other forum hadn't acted in the age-old immature fashion of "Firstly, you're an idiot. Now tell me what you did and you'll understand why you're stupid" right from the start then things would've gone super-smooth. Come on, the one guy goes out on the web to get a "You're a douche-bag!" image simply to post it and call someone a douche-bag and makes no attempt to help. That is the pot calling the kettle black. The other guy asserts the a-factual statement "poe does not operate over 12v". Anyway, like I said, I'll find the help I need elsewhere. Back to the subject.

So what do you mean by compliant? As far as I understand the only thing that matters in this case is having a passive 12v PoE injection, which means constant power on pins 4,5 and 7,8. This is where you correct me where I'm wrong (without the condescension I experienced in the other forum).

Or, simply link me to an inexpensive PoE injector that will work. That would be the easiest solution.

802 compliant POE DOES NOT OPERATE OVER 12v you need more than that for any significant distance..because there is attenuation over the line...but you are the expert and know better...wonder why you need help..I read the post, you acted like a total duchebag....you are on your own...If you cannot figure out what you did wrong based on the information your already have, I suggest you hire someone competent.

802 compliant POE DOES NOT OPERATE OVER 12v you need more than that for any significant distance..because there is attenuation over the line...but you are the expert and know better...wonder why you need help..I read the post, you acted like a total duchebag....you are on your own...If you cannot figure out what you did wrong based on the information your already have, I suggest you hire someone competent.

I wonder if you know what the function of the word 'operate' has when used in a sentence. Your poor, broken grammar may suggest an answer to that. Thank you for poisoning this thread over your butthurt in a different forum. Way to contribute here. Your ego is hilarious. Thanks for all your (non-existent) help. Have a good day.

I wonder if you know what the function of the word 'operate' has when used in a sentence. Your poor, broken grammar may suggest an answer to that. Thank you for poisoning this thread over your butthurt in a different forum. Way to contribute here. Your ego is hilarious. Thanks for all your (non-existent) help. Have a good day.

When you use a 12v poe injector to try to power a 802 compliant poe camera, seems to me that your are the uneducated one. It does not operate over 12v...that is fact. Your brain is simply too dense....hire a professional...you are incompetent.

When you use a 12v poe injector to try to power a 802 compliant poe camera, seems to me that your are the uneducated one. It does not operate over 12v...that is fact. Your brain is simply too dense....hire a professional...you are incompetent.

Or, since your suggestion doesn't make economical sense and is meant only as an insult, you can stop poisoning this thread by leaving and taking your butthurt with you, and allow someone else to answer the simple question:

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive PoE adapter that will work with this camera?

Boogieman please do not post in this thread again.

boogerman may be a charm school dropout, but his advice is almost always right. A forum search for 802.11 poe injector found this one, recommended by him.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PoE150S-Gigabit-Injector-compliant/dp/B001PS9E5I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416977530&sr=8-1&keywords=poe+injector&tag=c24m-20

They would not even let me in. These smarter than thou folks should not be helped. He is obviously extremely lazy in addition to being completely technically inept. Didnt even bother search google and asking if something was appropriate.

boogerman may be a charm school dropout, but his advice is almost always right. A forum search for 802.11 poe injector found this one, recommended by him.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PoE150S-Gigabit-Injector-compliant/dp/B001PS9E5I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416977530&sr=8-1&keywords=poe+injector&tag=c24m-20

I saw that injector (can you believe I did the labor of searching google to find it?). I was turned off because of some of the bad reviews posted there, however it's not as if I can't send it back for a full refund with no questions asked.

Also, I have favorite words.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

I saw that injector (can you believe I did the labor of searching google to find it?). I was turned off because of some of the bad reviews posted there, however it's not as if I can't send it back for a full refund with no questions asked.

Also, I have favorite words.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

628 reviews, 4.5 start rating...but turned off by a few bad reviews, then proceeds to buy crap on ebay with ZERO reviews. The logic here is outstanding...