k2fik

Multicast in smart PSS

Hello,

I'm a bit new to this area of IP camera, I have 60 IP cameras Dahua IPC-hfw2300rp-z, and I managed by Smart PSS, but I see a lot of problems:

- A huge latency in the transmission of video,

- The pc running smart PSS (for a 32 camera view), it becomes heavy and warm (fan does not stop).

I opt for a multicast solution, so I bought CA 2960 POE switchs , and 1945 router, all are set up and connected correctly, the display in internet explorer in multicast mode camera works fine,

But I cannot add devices in smart PSS in multicast mode, and I still have the same latency in the video reception

Is there a solution to my problem?

Cordially

1. You want to decode 60 FullHD streams? Have you tried watching 60 FullHD videos on Youtube to see what happens?

2. What bitrate? What type of network?

Each camera needs ~3-4Mbps * 60 = 200Mbps+. Can your switches/network/PC connection handle that?

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

I know this is huge traffic, my installation is rolling out managed 3 floors,

- Each floor has 20 cameras.

- Each floor has a c2960 switch PoE 24-port 100 Mo Fast Ethernet ports, and 2 GigaEthenet ports.

- Each C2960 switch his connected by GigaEthernet interface to server switch C3960 (24 ports gigaEthenet).

- I have C1945 router for multicast managing.

- The video traffic is encapsulated in a VLAN.

Normally this installation is sufficient to manage the video traffic with the maximum resolution of 3MB per camera, with 3 sumiltanious view for all cameras, if I'm not mistaken.

I opt for the multicast solution to alleviate traffic, and it works well with each camera, but I board not add the udp multicast source in smart pss.

It is possible to add a camera with UDP multicast source, because it is possible with iSpy.

thank you.

Ok...

Since Multicast is connection-less/unmanaged, I doubt you will be able to watch it via SmartPSS (which does management & co). But you would be able to view the streams with 3rd party players that support Multicast.

As a side note - or, as a side note to your problem - I also doubt that Multicast will make your client less "stressed" - it's the same amount of video information to decode (actually, I think it's more than the same amount, since the decoding library of DAHUA is already optimized).