Liquid_Squelch

HD-CVI / HD-CVI Locked to Reseller's equipment

All,

I apologize in advance if I've posted this in the wrong forum, or if this was a question asked somewhere else on the board. I wasn't able to find my answer while searching the forums.

My Analog DVR is failing, so it is time to look for something new. My budget does not allow me to buy a completely new system, so one of the Tri-Mode Hybrids are what I am looking at.

There is a business that I have used in the past and I am happy with them. The problem is, it looks like all of the their HD-TVI and HD-CVI cameras only work with their DVRs. I understand that the DVR's are rebranded clones of another major DVR company, and all locally sold DVR's are in the same category.

My question is, is this a standard in the industry now that HD-CVI and HD-TVI's can be paired only to equipment sold via a particular outlet? Why is it not like an analog system where any box can record any camera? I will not buy a system tied to reseller A and it does not give me the option to add equipment from reseller B?

Or is it just this one reseller doing this and I should take my business elsewhere?

Or should I just buy the direct "Name Brand" boxes and not the rebranded boxes sold via US Distribution?

If anyone was asking, I haven't made my mind up yet between HD-CVI or HD-TVI, and minus the big companies behind both, I'm not sure I see much of a difference either.

Thanks.

There is a business that I have used in the past and I am happy with them. The problem is, it looks like all of the their HD-TVI and HD-CVI cameras only work with their DVRs. I understand that the DVR's are rebranded clones of another major DVR company, and all locally sold DVR's are in the same category.

That can't be possible.

That is what I thought. Maybe they "tweaked the code" a bit? After all, it is a digital signal.

This is in the description above each camera category on their site.

TVI Camera Page:

CVI Camera Page:

SCK_CVI.PNG.b200d5292c160b1a55bc8918e4c61291.PNG

SCK_TVI.PNG.244c08f980120e704113c30eae4bba9b.PNG

The 720P is just the area I copied. They have 1080p as well.

Is there a FAQ or write up about TVI / CVI on this Forum?

It is good to hear that the technology can't be locked down to a reseller.

Thanks.