Sign in to follow this  
wesam_az

installation advice plz

hi,

I have 2 hikvision 7216HQHI DVRs , there're 30 cameras ,15 cameras connected to each of them, the problem is the technician who connected all these cameras ,used long coaxial G59 cables (about 520meters-500M-350m-280m 250m ) ,with BNC female to female connectors to extend cables, which caused so many problems , among of them loss of signal , the video is not clear and other problems that I'm suffering from.

My question is there anyway to solve this problem ?? what if I use CCTV video baluns? and replaced all coax cables with CAT6 cables, would this be better?

and if I used coax cables with long distances should I use transformers with higher Ambere value to keep the signal quality??

which is better in long distances CAT6, coax RG59, RG6 or ..??

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

RG59 will approach those distances IF you are using HD analogue. Your best bet would be cat6 and as you have identified, power will be an issue. Power will be best sourced at the camera location.

DO NOT USE RG6

thanks for your reply,,, yes all my cameras are HD-TVI

but I'm still confused!! as I want best solution for this problem

is it better to use g59 coax cable and if it is, do i need to an amplifier or something like that?? you know the max distance about 500 m.

on the other hand , if the CAT6 is my best choice , is it possible to use the CAT6 with these distances without any problem?? or should I use a specific type of active balun..

what if I used coaxial cable with different lengths to collect each 4 cameras with 4ports video balun? then use CAT6 cable.

is that will cause a problem??

thanks in advance

Hi. 1.700ft for tvi ... At 1080 that is too far alter your cameras res to 720.

You only need to do this on the cameras on long cable runs

thanks tomcctv, but you didn't tell me which is better to transfer video signals in my case , coax cable or network cable CAT6 with CCTV video balun???

thanks tomcctv, but you didn't tell me which is better to transfer video signals in my case , coax cable or network cable CAT6 with CCTV video balun???

Tvi is best with a good coax going cat5 will also limit your distance and then again need to reduce to 720