freakstate

Help on BNC vs PoE systems please - which one is better?

Hi,

I'm hoping this is something someone who has far more expertise in this area than I do can answer this with ease - as I honestly cant get a clear answer on which is better.

I'm looking to fit an affordable 1080p system to my house, and I've come across two systems, where the only difference I can see is the Video Input - I think it all boils down to:

BNC vs PoE - but which one is better quality

BNC Model - 2TB capacity

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/swann-dvr8-4550-8-channel-2tb-cctv-kit-with-4-cameras-a75wg

£320

PoE Model - 1TB capacity

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ANNKE-2-1Megapixels-Weatherproof-Manufacturer-Surveillance/dp/B01DGGKA2C/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1476436290&sr=8-7&keywords=CCTV+1080p

£390

Doing some reading around I've noted that PoE may be the future of CCTV so perhaps installing a PoE system will future proof me if I decide to upgrade the system etc?

Also, I'm aware i'm on the budget/value side of CCTV here. Honestly its more of a deterrent than anything, then if something was to happen I would have footage to help Police.

Any feedback appreciated, thank you,

409374509_PoEModel.png.281319d458dc9a777ab192ffd4d12165.png

1000458766_BNCModel.png.309e116b9cf00a8ba282a1935be67c1b.png

I second getting an IP system. If the one with BNC jacks is standard analog, you won't get very good resolution with that.

Both systems will get you FullHD quality picture (one with BNC connections is also 1080p), which is excellent for an average user. You can use Cat5 cables for both wirings , but if you are not skilled with electronics, get an IP system with PoE power supply. It's the simplest the possible connection.

If you are getting 1080P or less, you can go for BNC. You only due with one IP address, that is DVR.

If you are getting more than 1080P or 2MPixel, then you can go for PoE System. In another word, one IP address for NVR, and one IP address for camera (depend on the number of IP Camera).

In general, 1080P or 2MPixel is good enough for most environment.

Popular Brand are as follows:

* Samung ( Korea )

* HikVision (China)

* Dahua (China )

* Avtech (Taiwan )

I believe you can find the above brand easily in your country.

More information, you can visit http://www.cctv-singapore.net.

If you are getting 1080P or less, you can go for BNC. You only due with one IP address, that is DVR.

If you are getting more than 1080P or 2MPixel, then you can go for PoE System. In another word, one IP address for NVR, and one IP address for camera (depend on the number of IP Camera).

In general, 1080P or 2MPixel is good enough for most environment.

Popular Brand are as follows:

* Samung ( Korea )

* HikVision (China)

* Dahua (China )

* Avtech (Taiwan )

I believe you can find the above brand easily in your country.

More information, you can visit http://www.cctv-singapore.net.

Stop spamming. You are providing complete misinformation. Stay away from cctv Singapore.

Both systems will get you FullHD quality picture (one with BNC connections is also 1080p), which is excellent for an average user. You can use Cat5 cables for both wirings , but if you are not skilled with electronics, get an IP system with PoE power supply. It's the simplest the possible connection.

Yes, but you have other limitations, like no onboard storage for cams, you need to homerun an analog system, whereas an ip system does not have to be home run. You cannot easily stream to two different recorders with analog...thats just a start...Its 2016, everything should be ip unless there is a specific reason not to...

Boogieman, like I said :"... for an average user". Technically speaking, you're right, but if you need only cameras, DVR, monitor and internet connection without extra features, then TVI/CVI/AHD systems give much higher value for money. Personally, I'm not a big fan of IP for small systems.