bigcaddy3

Remote access help needed.

I know this has been beaten like a dead horse but I'm stumped

I set up my own Hikvision and it works perfectly remotely on computer and phone.

I set up a system at my bosses house

I can connect normally via the phone

From a pc it takes me to one of the cameras not the NVR.

I have port forwarding set 80.8000.554 and 443 are forwarded to the NVR 10.0.0.10

It works locally fine

I've checked and double checked for the proper ports.

I was thinking it was because of the Xfinity/Comcast all in one modem but I was able to get through to one camera by typing in the WAN address. But, It didn't' take me to 10.0.0.10 which is the NVR it took me to 10.0.0.102 which is one of the cameras. the WAN is forwarded to 10.0.0.10.

Is there something I can test locally from the NVR? If I'm on the same subnet with a laptop should I run a "canyouseeme.org"? if the ports aren't open is that the modem to blame since I have them set to forward.

Is there something that the Xfinity/Comcast modem doesn't allow? Mine at home bridges the modem to a SonicWALL router.

I'm fairly savvy with the networking but I'm really kind of stumped with this one.

Thanks in advance.

T

You might have a port collision.

It would manifest as a device being able to connect and not the other as they may be connecting using different protocols (and therefore ports).

I decided to just pick up a Surfboard modem and a sonicwall TZ. I know that will work. I think the xfinity modem/router/wifi is a bit sketchy with port forwarding.

I'll hopefully have this installed this week.

I yanked the big Xfinity modem thing out, dropped in a new Surfboard 6121 modem and a sonicwall TZ100. I called Comcast and they quickly activated the modem. I set up the port forwarding in the sonicwall. Browsed out to IPChicken to get my WAN address. I put it in the IVMS4500 phone app and all the cameras instantly popped up. Works perfectly now.

Comcast took the rental fee off the bill when I called in also. $10.00 / month.

I installed a hikvision ds-2cd2335-i before I left but it was like it had a different password. I'm researching that now. I have to go back and finish installing two alarm systems.

anyone know the password for the hikvision ds-2cd2335-i? isn't it 12345?