Sign in to follow this  
miqui

please help

I am so sorry for crawling in here and begging like this but i am lost and its keeping a family member in jeopardy. We bought a speedex 4ch from the local computer supplier. I hooked it all up and placed the cameras and all worked fine. All 4 cameras show up on the monitor attached to the DVR downstairs of my aunts. I then tried to hook up the laptop on wifi and access the feed through IP. It works but only one camera will show at a time, no matter what i do. I have uninstalled and reinstalled VLC 3 times. I checked every setting i could find on the DVR itself. I have enabled every active x on the explorer. It doesnt work properly at all on Firefox and wont even launch on chrome.

The reason this is such a big deal is because our cousin, her son, is a druggy and has broken in multiple times to steal stuff and the police cannot do anything unless they catch him. We are all afraid he might do something stupid. I need her to be able to see the downstairs from upstairs on the laptop and as it is right now she can only see one camera.

I am lost. My wife can access the system on her phone now so we figured that out. Just not able to have 4 cameras on the other monitor. Anyone have a clue what i might have done incorrectly?

Regards

Michael Russell

I cant get photos now till after work but i texted the wife, she says she can scroll to the various cameras even though it takes a second on the phone network.

I downloaded a photo of the unit ... the monitor is connected to the VGA and the network is connected to the router for rogers which gives it an ip of 22 ... When you open the browser to that address it opens the viewer that is only showing the single camera. Or sometimes this work cone. I can take an actual photo of the laptop screen later.

Michael Russell

SEC-DVR-SPEEDEX-RL-HD-VR-6904H-AHD_large.jpg.3a6a3d86cd7b79f2b9d667b82946cef1.jpg

Hi Tom. It is what the link took us to. VLC active x something or other. It would not work until it was installed. Chrome is not allowing the plugin to run if i remember correctly. I can check when we go by there tonight.

If i type 192.168.0.22 it opens the camera into a black screen with one camera in the corner. I can click the cameras listed and it will switch to that camera but it will not show all 4 at the same time even though there are 4 spaces for that. I thought of right clicking. It does not do much. If i have to buy another unit i will but i cant have her exposed like that with no warning when he is in the house.

Michael Russell

You cannot do this in the browser sadly. I tried. I cannot access this address from work , it took me a second to realize it is because i am not in the house. I am heading there in about an hour. I will try it again.

Hi again. Ok i took a shot of the laptop on my phone. This is all you can see on the laptop and wifi accessing the stream through a browser. On the actual unit there is 4. I trid dragging and dropping the cameras as was suggested. It is not going.

We are on our way to a family function so i wont have access to this unit for a bit. It records which is good for now.

Do you think it would be better to run hdmi up into her room and have a second monitor that way?

Regards

Michael Russell

20161024_180545_opt.jpg.5d69ce7042e57e6c77eebabfab11d3dc.jpg

Thank you for the attempted assistance. We solved the issue with an emulator. The neighbours kids are geniuses with computers and now the laptop is running an android app that shows her all the cameras.

Regards

M. Russell

Thank you for the attempted assistance. We solved the issue with an emulator. The neighbours kids are geniuses with computers and now the laptop is running an android app that shows her all the cameras.

Regards

M. Russell

Hi. Also looking at your screen display you need to change your screen res as you are not seeing the screen layout options at the bottom of the gui screen

hmmm ... maybe they are they are not the geniuses i ascribed them to be. I will check this out when next i drop by there.

Michael