mn2hughes

Looking for new direction - CCTV Systems

I am looking for some general information on CCTV Systems. I am the lead technician at our small company (roughly 2800 customers). We have been a Bosch Dealer for years and year, and about 4 years ago we began selling Digital Watchdog as an alternative to the Bosch Systems for price point. However we seem to have a rather high turnover on DW cameras and DVR's both IP and Analog. I am wanting to find another product, one that's suitable for both residential and commercial application with the option for remote viewing. I happen to like a lot of the DW products, but with the number of RMA's we have had to do I think it is time for a change.

Not as of yet, I have a Hikvision rep coming to see us in two weeks. I will look up Samsung and see what they've got to offer.

Hi. It will be interesting to see how it goes with hik rep .... He will be a hik distributor

If you have been using bosh have you looked at avigilon as a replacement

I did look at avigilon, however they are outside of the price point that I am looking for. We are doing mainly small commercial applications and residential. Our largest customer has less than 20 cameras. We are just looking for something a little more dependable than digital watchdog with a more user friendly mobile application.

Samsung do an ip network recorder with built in Poe 16 channel unit- so you don't need a separate switch. If you use IP systems. Cost effective.