Seldon

IP over coax dropping

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so I hope I posted the question in the right place.

I have 3 Hikvision outdoor cameras connected over RG59 coax cable with power. I'm using IP01 IP extender over Coax. The camera's are getting power directly over the additional power wires.

With one of the camera's this works perfectly and has a response time of less than 1ms. But the other two camera's keep dropping the connection. Even ping does not work anymore at certain times, though minutes later the camera may be working again.

All 3 cameras are about the same distance from my switch so line distance does not seem to be a problem with the IP01 as one camera is very stable. I've already soldered all the coax connections to avoid any connection issues, but nothing seems to help.

Anyone have an other suggestion as to what may be the issue with the 2 other camera's and how I could fix this. I'd like to stay with a passive connection and not spend a fortune on this as I've seen Coax to IP converters for USD 600 and more.

thanks

Seldon

"The working range could up to 200 meters at 10Mbps speed."

10Mbps is awfully low. Figure that's best case and then figure you may get 50% or less of that if everything in the chain isn't perfect. That means no splices, good, solid BNC connections, 100% copper/copper cable and so on.

Hi

Distance for all camera's (both coax and power) is approx 20 meters. Works well with one camera and not with the two others

thanks