Sign in to follow this  
mmarooth

Network (NIC1) issue with PowerView NVR6316

Hi Guys,

Newbie to this forum with a frustrating problem........

I recently bought a PowerView NVR6316 from a UK supplier, it has a WAN port NIC1 and 8 x POE ports NIC2. I believe that it is a Dahua device behind the badges. I have the NVR working with all my cameras but have a network problem. To explain, I want to add 8 POE cameras to NIC2 and access the NVR web interface from NIC1. Both NIC's have been configured with DHCP and with fixed IP addresses at different times for testing and both NIC's pick up DHCP config with no problem so they are talking to the network. All my cables are Cat5e made by me and have been tested. I have a gigabit switch by the NVR as I have other devices there as well (all working and accessible) and the switch goes back to my router by either Cat5e or Fibre, I've used both in testing. I have 1 3Tb WD Red SATA drive in the NVR. The cameras are a mix of PowerView POE cameras and a couple of older Foscam IP/Wireless cameras with POE splitters in line. The wireless interfaces on the Foscam cameras are disabled and it makes no difference if I unplug and/or power down all the cameras.

My network segment is private addressed 192.168.1.X and as I say, all the other devices on the network are OK and I know there are no IP conflicts having unplugged everything else during my testing. Both NIC's are on the same network segment though I can split them as my router is capable of dealing with 6 Class C subnets. I have not tested this (yet) however PV tell me it should make no difference.

If both NIC's are connected to the switch (7 cameras on NIC2) then I can access the web interface on both interfaces 192.168.1.9 for NIC1 and 192.168.1.199 for NIC2. If I unplug NIC1 from the switch then the web interface is only accessible from NIC2 which is what I would expect. If however I unplug NIC2 and plug in NIC1 the web interface is not accessible from NIC1 and I get no response when I ping the NIC1 interface. I can ping NIC2 when it is connected. I have also connected my laptop directly to the switch to see if that makes a difference and I have also connected the NVR direct to my router cutting out the switch, to no avail.

So that's my problem, I cannot access the web interface from NIC1 and I need to have 8 cameras installed and while I could possibly hook one camera to NIC1 thats a waste of the POE port taken up with accessing the web interface and not what I paid for. What is screwy is that NIC1 picks up DHCP no problem.

The NIC1 PCB is labelled HI3535_NVR_Small V1.0 and the POE board is labelled 8CH-POE-1818-V1.1. I do a lot of PCB design and manufacture myself so I know my way around and have checked the boards for obvious issues.

Help from the uk supplier has been limited and the last response I got from PV was that if I paid them, they would do a design for me. That's all well and good but no amount of design will help if there is an issue with the NVR! To be fair PV have tried to help. The only thing I cannot add is the version of the firmware as the NVR is currently in front of me with the lid off.

Has anyone else come across a similar problem with this NVR or other NVR using the same technology? I'm at my wit's end and believe there may be a problem with the NVR but I'm equally willing to accept that I am missing something obvious.

Any help or guidance as to where to look next would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark

Did you not even bother to open or even read the instruction manual.

We're did you get nic 1 and nic 2 from

A simple plug and play system has been turned into a headache

And also are your Foscam cameras even compatable with that system

You can't access the gui from camera ports

Thanks for such a super helpful response, you have sustained my faith in getting help from forums such as these......... NOT!

How insulting!

Looks like this is one forum that all the members get tarred with the brush of one member, you think I'm an idiot?, that I did not read the manuals and that I'm not using the terms (NIC1 and NIC2) that are throughout that documentation?

#unsubcribe adios!!

Thanks for such a super helpful response, you have sustained my faith in getting help from forums such as these......... NOT!

How insulting!

Looks like this is one forum that all the members get tarred with the brush of one member, you think I'm an idiot?, that I did not read the manuals and that I'm not using the terms (NIC1 and NIC2) that are throughout that documentation?

#unsubcribe adios!!

Well what do you expect with stupid questions.

You have a plug and play dahua ..... And you are struggling

Like I said are your Foscam compatable ???? Or do you not have a clue

How insulting!

#unsubcribe adios!!

Hi Tom,

we should be more relaxed when offering explanations. He is somehow right about his problem. What he did not "see" was the fact the nvr is using 2 different network adapters and has a problem managing network segments when using same subnet on both. In fact, the NVR uses 2 different adapters but does not offer switching capabilities between them. So, he should use NIC1 as 192.168.1.xxx, set to default interface (in order to have web and other ports assigned to it) and NIC2 as 192.168.2.xxx. Cameras should have the ip as 192.168.2.xxx connected to NIC2. This way all trouble is gone.

How insulting!

#unsubcribe adios!!

Hi Tom,

we should be more relaxed when offering explanations. He is somehow right about his problem. What he did not "see" was the fact the nvr is using 2 different network adapters and has a problem managing network segments when using same subnet on both. In fact, the NVR uses 2 different adapters but does not offer switching capabilities between them. So, he should use NIC1 as 192.168.1.xxx, set to default interface (in order to have web and other ports assigned to it) and NIC2 as 192.168.2.xxx. Cameras should have the ip as 192.168.2.xxx connected to NIC2. This way all trouble is gone.

It would be better if you read the post from the start ......, op will not get a second gui from the camera inputs Only from the network output.

If you think this is the right way to connect

So that's my problem, I cannot access the web interface from NIC1 and I need to have 8 cameras installed and while I could possibly hook one camera to NIC1 thats a waste of the POE port taken up with accessing the web interface and not what I paid for. What is screwy is that NIC1 picks up DHCP no problem.

Then why answer the post bear in mind his NIC 1 is the POE ports ....the camera connection 1 to 8

Like I said plug and play ... If not then set camera up to match the NVR and then plug it in if not onvif

But take a look at the ops reply ...... He does not want to listen so I stick by my reply