Billyk

2 monitors, 1 camera??

I have need of connecting one camera (Vitek VH49B2) to two monitors. one wll be about 25ft away and the other about 150ft. Should I anticipate any problems driving these and purchase a distribution amp? How should I split the feed?

Thanks,

Bill

Try using a T-connector at the camera and split to the two monitors. It should be okay without an amp but if not, put the amp at the camera side to boost your signal.

I would use the looping outputs on the back of the monitor if available. I have had termination issues with T connectors in the past.

Thanks all!

The short end is terminating into a consumer DVD recorder, the long end is terminating int a 29" Sharp? CCTV monitor.

This is for an interview room at a local PD. It is out of sight of the main area so they want to be able to view the interview from the dispatchers desk while recording it.

Thanks again.

You should get a simple video distribution amplifier (VDA) very inexpensive. Vitek carries one that would work just fine. Splitting a signal with a T connector is iffy at best.

I agree with the VDA. They're cheap, at $30-50, and it will save you having to go back and fix a potential problem caused by a t-connector if it weakens the video. Might as well do it right the first time.

just get a 4ch video distributor will do, cheap and simple For T-connector you might get bad image on the 150ft side

As a video engineer in corporate events, if i was caught on site with a T-conncetor, i'd be shot!

Twice!

I'd definately agree with the Distribution Amp method. Will save you sooooo much hastle in the long run and even top quality rackmount 12 output amps will only set you back £50-100 so a 2 channel will be easily bought for £40.

I reccomend Extron, Procon or Kramer.

If you can't find a stockist, they turn up regularly on eBay as we're moving away from composite video and more toward highdef RGBHV stuff these days, therfore most larger AV companies will be selling theirs off...