tshaw

day/night camera

Hi All

This is my first post I have been reading for about a month.

I am looking at getting a new day/night camera or IR camera.

It would be for home use outside under porch and eve.

Would like to see 50 to 70 feet in the day and night with little to no light in the

$200 dollar price range. Any help with camera model would be great I an looking for

Two and adding two at a later date. Any sample images would be great.

I have 6 W27IR19N cameras, and last I checked are just under $150 without cables. They are on my house, and I am very happy with the quality. During the day they can see quite far, but night is maybe 50 ft w/ IR and total darkness. I think there are a couple of models of this camera with more IR leds that may give you the distance your looking for.

I have a couple of pics at www.carlmfischer.com/cctv which hopefully will give you an idea on distance.

Not true colors though as no IR Cut Filter ..

Edited by Guest

Wizkid?? HUH?? The Wizkid series from extreme is now called the wz series...but its the same stuff. I dont think thats a wizkid cam though rory. Have you got your ir bullets extreme demos yet?? I have been to busy to see if we got our first stocking order yet but the top 2 look good the bottom of the barrel unit doesnt look to good though and arent there 4?

So the wz30 is crap?? Thats the 5-50 right?? Those vitek cams are the same as every other oem companies. I set these up in my back yard at one time or another to test;

I really liked this one, easy to set up, decent ir range and good pic.

http://www.armelectronics.com/specs/C480MDVMIVPIR.pdf

This one is the cheapest wireless ir camera I have found, but it actually works pretty good. Its on my back porch and the receiver is pluged into the av jack on the back of my tv in the front room about 50ft away threw 2 walls and my pc.

http://www.ktlcctv.com/web/pdf/WLS1202ir.pdf

This one I had to try out and its way over kill for my back yard, so much that when you walk within 30 feet of it the ir's bleach you out and on my tv it looks like a spot light on my fence with is 100+ft from the camera.

http://www.armelectronics.com/specs/C480HDCVFIR492.PDF

I have also tried the speco ht7815 but the ir distance is about 1/3 of what they say and a couple supercircuit ir cams as well as some other oem brands but these people dont seem to want to send demos out as much as others.