zgebis

POE NVR connecting Wi-Fi cameras

Equipment:

Hikvision DS-7716NI-E4 / 16P (Firmware: V3.4.2 Build 160205)

Several Wi-Fi Connected Onvif cameras

So I just installed a new IP camera system, we have 12 cameras up and running. The twelve that are running are connected to the NVRs built in switch and are using the plug and play option. The NVR is connected to the network using the network port of the NVR and assigned an IP address of 192.168.1.34.

All of the Hikvision cameras connected to the built in switch have IP addresses between 192.168.254.2 - 192.168.254.13. Typing these IP addresses from a pc connected to the 192.168.1.X network will not connect.

What I am looking to do is connect some Wi-Fi cameras that I have to the NVR system. However they are going to be connected on the Wi-Fi network which is connected to my homes router (192.168.1.X scheme).

I have tried:

Setting the IP addresses of these cameras to 192.168.254.X- No luck

Connecting the nvr’s switch to the network switch of the 192.168.1.x network- No Luck

Virtual Host is enabled also on the NVR

How do I add Wi-Fi cameras to an NVR which has a built in POE switch?

Thanks for any help

You just have to edit the cameras and add them by hand, with IP, port, user & password. If the IP is on the 192.168.254.x subnet the NVR will look for them on the integrated POE switch. If the IP is on the 192.168.1.x subnet it will look for them over the LAN port.

You just have to edit the cameras and add them by hand, with IP, port, user & password. If the IP is on the 192.168.254.x subnet the NVR will look for them on the integrated POE switch. If the IP is on the 192.168.1.x subnet it will look for them over the LAN port.

Thanks for your reply, however....

I have tried this and the camera feed never comes in. See the attached screen shot.

Capture.JPG.801611471e26ca7331884576a80fe2bb.JPG