Sign in to follow this  
pjsquigley

Network multiple access control systems

I have a customer wanting to install access control in 20 residential buildings. Is there a way to connect all of these to the internet other than getting a new cable connection to each building? The only thing I noticed is that there is a modem there for fire alarm monitoring and it has an ethernet port on the back.

Any help is appreciated.

I have a customer wanting to install access control in 20 residential buildings. Is there a way to connect all of these to the internet other than getting a new cable connection to each building? The only thing I noticed is that there is a modem there for fire alarm monitoring and it has an ethernet port on the back.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi. This might sound hard on you but access control is not for beginners.

And going into a fire control without even talking to the company is a NO NO.

Size of the install the fire alarm company also needs to know what you are doing since there system needs to control part of your system

Any help is appreciated.

A cell network is also another option. Is he planning to install something on just front doors or in individual units as well? Give me a PM, I can definitely help you out.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi. This might sound hard on you but access control is not for beginners.

And going into a fire control without even talking to the company is a NO NO.

Size of the install the fire alarm company also needs to know what you are doing since there system needs to control part of your system

No I would never connect to something like that without going through the proper procedures. I just through in that info in case it was a help.