JayAlarms

HikVision - questions on DDNS services

Hey folks,

I am new to the industry and had a few questions on the DDNS services. We typically using HikVision products and use their DDNS service, however over the last couple of weeks we were having problems with the service and had one client in particular that wasn't happy. The client could connect through the app fine sometimes but other times (approx 30% of the time), they would connect but not get any camera feed. I had other DVR systems on my phone and verified that they were doing the same thing. I started investigating other DDNS services and setup NO-IP on our DVR at the office, this one worked fine since I set it up but I do have some questions.

1. NO-IP, just using the free account right now, will the NO-IP service pick up the DVR and update the subscription? Right now when I check our account it is counting down to the subscription deadline, I am just wondering if the DVR will auto update that?

2. Hikvision DDNS, do you guys mostly use this with their products? Do you ever have any problems with the service?

3. Are their any other 3rd party services that you prefer or do you have any other recommendations I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance for the help. The Hikvision DDNS seems to have been fixed maybe Friday 12/2/16 and seems to be working much better this week.

I posted this exact problem on another thread. I can see systems going online and offline while logged into hik ddns. I am in process of moving clients over to dyndns. I have been in contact with Hikvision and been getting the runaround. IPVM just released something in regards to their cloud security and ddns being vulnerable.

Thanks for the reply. I contacted Hikvision several times and finally got to talk with someone who said yes they were having issues with their DDNS service, that is when I started looking at other options. I used DynDNS for some applications years ago but when I just checked their website it seemed to be pretty complicated, I opted to try NO-IP.com which I had seen another user post that they used their services. So far I have only tried the free service which is working well, they have 25 accounts for $25 a year and I was thinking about doing that but wanted to make sure I was making the right choice. How is DynDNS so far? How expensive are they?

I had some issues with HiDDNS seems to be back up and working now.

HiDDNS is being shutdown.

You will be unable to register new clients some time in February.

Existing clients should not be effected.

NOIP is cheaper than DynDNS.

I have used NOIP succesfully.

The NVR will not renew the hostname it has to be done manually. (obviously they do this because they want you to pay)

If you don't renew it once the hostname expires you can't recreate it you have to make a new one. Meaning you have to log back into the clients machine and update it. Very annoying.

We have had issues with the HiDDNS service, it was off and on but I had clients complaining about it so I had been researching a different option for a while.

We were going to try the HikVision EZVIZ P2P system, but then the first one we tried to setup the server for the app was down and we couldn't get it loaded. After waiting on hold and talking to tech support they denied there was a problem and said we were trying to set it up incorrectly. At this point we decided against using any of HikVision's hosting services and opted to No-Ip.

We went ahead and bought 25 dynamic address's for systems, so far we have used about 15 of them and the service works great and has been solid. With the paid service the HikVision DVRs will directly update the DNS service so you don't have to do any additional setup in the router.