jeffpa

Samsung GVI versus Samsung Techwin

I noticed some posts pointing out a difference on these, but not

how to identify which is which.(other than the 520 is techwin, and the 2391 is GVI)

My installer initially suggested the SDC313, I looked at the SCC-B2305,

and apparently the Samsung SDN-520 is well viewed here.

I need a really good day night camera, switching to BW for nightime is fine.

help?

What question?

Which question...

the one on how to tell whether a camera is GVI or Techwin,

or the one about a day night camera?

If you you want to stay within the Samsung line of products, then your camera is should be the SCC-C2391. Don't guide your decision based on the distributor. Samsung Techwin is chinese made (you know what that means). GVI Samsung is Korean made (more reliability, better machines). But going back to the prduct itself. The SCC-C2391 offers what you are looking for and more. It has 540 TVL during the day and up to 570 TVL BW at night.

Thanks

Samsung Techwin is chinese made (you know what that means). GVI Samsung is Korean made (more reliability, better machines). Thanks

Not sure where you get your info Eric but can say unequivocally that you are FOS (wrong). I source cameras from the same factories in S. Korea as TW. Now that isn't to say that they don't produce some product in China now as does most everybody else... (more and more Korean companies are moving production to China as is the rest of the world) but as to your blanket statement you are absolutely wrong. And as to your ridiculous "better machines" statement that's "foolish." You don't think Korean companies moving production to China take their "better machines" and better "QC" with them?

Also... couple more items of note: GVI is just the Texas based distributor for Samsung Electronics in the Americas (through 2010: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=191877&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=913791&highlight= and much of what they sell isn't Samsung anything so you really should separate the two.

And finally... take a peak at what Samsung Electronics (SDI - division of) is doing in China - - (manufacturing http://english.people.com.cn/200408/06/eng20040806_152013.html Bad mouthing China isn't going to work for you anymore - - try a new sales technique.