prateekr1985

Cable Internet (ex. ACT) access dvr remotely without static

Hi, if someone could please tell me if I can use Act Internet without static ip, i.e. using dynamic dns, to setup a hikvision dvr to be accessed remotely.

Thank you!

Hi, if someone could please tell me if I can use Act Internet without static ip, i.e. using dynamic dns, to setup a hikvision dvr to be accessed remotely.

Thank you!

Stay away from dynamic dns due to mirai!

Use the static...

Thank you!

Stay away from dynamic dns

How does "static IP" save you from Mirai?

Thank you!

Stay away from dynamic dns

How does "static IP" save you from Mirai?

You are right, but it reduces the risk as the website/dns program itself is...REVEALING.

You are right, but it reduces the risk as the website/dns program itself is...REVEALING.

How is that REVEALING?

You create your host name for example

How do I know your host name?

https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=dynamic+dns+malware&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

1. [1]
https://blog.opendns.com/2013/04/15/on-the-trail-of-malicious-dynamic-dns-domains

• [2] I don't use Windoze, usually

• [3] I don't like installing unnecessary useless software - I never got it to work

• [4] Static I.P. method is quicker/fastest streaming, cutting out longer & unnecessary/unreliable internet routes; most likely, on the other side of the Globe - streaming completely around the World ~ 25,000 Miles

• [5] My opened ports are only known (basically) to me!!!

• [6] "Host" computer must be ON and communicating with Domain, constantly

• [7] Is IRRESPONSIBLE internet usage as an Internet User after the knowledge gained, Here-In

• [8]
Have Fun!!!

Now, tell me any advantages of using "your method" as a member of this forum other than:

"ease of use for BASIC Windoze User": your customers.

Does the DNS site ITSELF do any type of video compression, or anything to aid in the faster streaming or anything "advantageous/beneficial" to the stream or "user" as in Reduction of BandWidth???

Yes, I am a new DVR "User" and may not know many things; so, enlighten me...

Sheesh; after this, you should be making more $$$ as your customers read this:- asking YOU to switch them over!

BTW, step 5 in last link (above) should read:

For this example, the address would be...183.38.7.205:3333