ron352

Mini 16 NVR problem.

Bought a Mini 16 NVR recorder. The first one works fine with 16 of my 2mp cameras 1920x1080

Bought another same seller and they made a change to the board and I installed it where 11 of the very same cameras 2mp 1920x1080 cameras and it cuts in and out in and out over and over again maybe recording 5 seconds then not for 5 then records again and keeps doing it.

So, brought the NVR home to try on my network which uses the old NVR of same make model but older board before they changed their board.

Had the same issue, cut in and out. And even does it on 1 camera connected.

It isn't the network, they tried sending me a upgraded version which I flashed in and no change.

I got a hold of the camera company I got the cameras from they sent a newer version to flash into the camera, that was worse because it seen the camera but gave a solid black screen.

Have tried everything, cut way down on the bit rate and figure the NVR board they changed from the old board in my older NVR has lacked to put something in to be compatible with the ONVIF cameras out there.

It stays connected just fine to a license plate capture camera but the 2mp cameras I am at a loss.

Any suggestions?

Ron

DO the 11 2MP cameras have the same brand and model with the first 16 cameras? If they have any difference, the issue may be caused by the different version of ONVIF. You know, the same version ONVIF cameras which from different factory will also have compatibility issue. you can provide the brand and onvif version of your cameras. maybe there is some other way to try.

William

Netvision support

William, yes, all the cameras were bought at the same time. I have 18 at my house and my sister has 11 at her house.

I bought the 16 mini and worked fine with 16 of my cameras. They would work with 18 but only supports 16 at most.

So, since it worked so well and had nice features, I told my sister to buy one.

She did.

Then go to install it and take her old different type NVR out of service to find after adding her 11 cameras it would go into this cycling problem it was having displaying and recording with in and out all the time.

So after a few hours messing with it, I put her old NVR back in service and brought it to my house to try on my cameras.

It did the same thing, but my old Mini witch is only about 10 months earlier model then the new board they put in the newer one she bought.

Even with just 1 camera connected it went in and out.

So it has to be something in the board/firmware they have on the newer board.

I even sent it back to them and they said they found the problem and claimed they put another board in, but didn't say what they found, if they even changed the board, but it came back and did the very same thing, I even sent them a brand new camera to try when I returned it.

So I am at a loss I think here.

ONVIF is supposed to be compatible with other manufacturers and was with my NVR from the same company that worked, but evidently they left something out or changed something where the same newer model was not ONVIF compatible now