Sign in to follow this  
barney10080

Hikvision ds-2042wd-i with nvr 7608ni-e2

Hi

I have recently purchased a few new cameras and nvr. I have set up the cameras directly poe from the nvr which all works great. I know would like to re connect into one of the camera directly into my router to re configure it but I cant see it any more?

I am trying to do this to be able to record audio directly to the nvr using the audio input on the back of the nvr. My thinking is I can change the setting on the camera to allow the nvr to record audio I cant change the settings under 'record' - 'parameters' to record audio and video.

camera model - DS- 2CD2042WD-I

NVR modl -DS - 7608NI-E2/8P/A

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That won't work. The encoding is done on the camera, if you want a video feed to have audio, you need a camera with integrated microphone, or with audio input so you can put an external microphone. The audio input on the NVR is not for recording audio on one camera/video stream.

But if you want to connect the camera directly, you SADP to find it on the network and change the IP address to one that matches your network.

Bidirectional audio.

There are cameras with microphone/speaker or audio in/audio out. You could connect an speaker/headphones and microphone on the NVR, and you would hear the audio from the cameras, and you could "speak" to the cameras.

Just a quick update to my issue. I have now purchased an extra camera a Hik DS-2CD2542FWD-IS. It's a dome with built in mic. This has allowed for a neat camera and microphone solution which just uses the cat 5 cable directly from the Nvr which sends both audio and video.

IMG_1012.PNG.04a382500a6dcdaf20451f51ed7af1a1.PNG