wahloon

Viewing Geo need to config router

How do you bridge two different routers? First of all I had a siemens 4200 router first. I port foward all neccessary ports for geo and it worked viewing the webcam. Now I put a wireless router linksys WRT54GX4 in. Now I cannot view the webcam. I tried portforwarding in the linksys router settings but it still does not work. If I take out the wirless router and let the siemens router run by it self I can use webcam. Someone told me I had to bridge the siemens router to the linksys router. Is this correct?

Router A - HardWire Router

Router B - Wireless Router

Router A: Static IP Assigned or DDNS.

Local IP Address = 192.168.1.1

Local SubNet - 255.255.255.0

Port Forward = WIRELESS - 80-80 - TCP - 192.168.0.1 (Router B's SET IP)

Port Forward = WIRELESS - 4550-4550 - TCP - 192.168.0.1 (Router B's SET IP)

Port Forward = WIRELESS - 5550-5550 - TCP - 192.168.0.1 (Router B's SET IP)

Router B:

Local IP Address = 192.168.0.1

Local SubNet - 255.255.255.0

Port Forward = DVR - 80-80 - TCP - 192.168.0.2 (DVR's SET IP)

Port Forward = DVR - 4550-4550- TCP - 192.168.0.2 (DVR's SET IP)

Port Forward = DVR - 5550-5550 - TCP - 192.168.0.2 (DVR's SET IP)

DVR:

IP Address = 192.168.0.2

Port = 80, 4550, 5550 (webcam)

SubNet - 255.255.255.0 (Router B's Subnet)

Gateway - 192.168.0.1 (Router B's IP)

Thanks, I hope this works. I did not know that you can set a IP address for the dvr. I am still a litte confused about the DVR IP address where did that come from? I never had to use one I think it has been awhile.

You should manually set an IP Address for the DVR .. dont use DDNS for that part. If its PC based goto Control Panel, Networking, TCP/IP, and enter the info there, it will be the Wireless Routers information for Subnet and Gateway. Also add the DNS info for your ISP.

How do you bridge two different routers? First of all I had a siemens 4200 router first. I port foward all neccessary ports for geo and it worked viewing the webcam. Now I put a wireless router linksys WRT54GX4 in. Now I cannot view the webcam. I tried portforwarding in the linksys router settings but it still does not work. If I take out the wirless router and let the siemens router run by it self I can use webcam. Someone told me I had to bridge the siemens router to the linksys router. Is this correct?

Using two routers that way is just asking for complications. I'd have gone with one of two options:

1. Yank the Siemens and just use the LinkSys.

2. Keep your DVR plugged into the Siemens rather than chaining it through the LinkSys (I assume the LinkSys was added primarily as a WAP).

3. Another option would have been to just get a dedicated WAP rather than another router.