jisaac

Excellent covert low light camera?

does anyone know of a GOOD low light covert camera that I could use for a residental installation? I am looking for quality not lowest price. Any suggestions?

The various board cams using the Sony ExView and SuperHAD CCDs are good kit. They go all the way down to about .0003 lux as of this posting. This should be enough for almost any ambient light. Otherwise, an IR LED lightsource may be a good idea to light up your target area, if visible light is not possible.

For residential interior installs in a security application, I also like the ones that are made to look like alarm PIRs, or smoke detectors. They don't always have the same CCD and/or low-light quality... however, a thief or attacker will not be operating in total darkness. These units are easy to install and service. Many also integrate with alarm systems, motion detection, etc. Many use built-in flash memory instead of requiring a home run to a seperate recorder.

HTH

this is not necessarly for people that are not suppose to be there. This is for observing people that are suppose to be there. And do you have any links for these board cams?

Here's one: 0.0003lux, 600LOR, b/w, 3.7mm pinhole lens, BNC out, 12VDC, 100mA

[ Ooops. I forgot about the "no linking rule". I'll resend it to you via PM. ]