reelbigfish

Exporting Files to USB from Hikvision NVR

Hi,

I've been searching far and wide for an answer to my question over the net without any luck so i'm hoping this forum might help.

I have a hikvision NVR DS-7604NI-E1/4P and i am trying to export video files to a flash drive attached to the USB port. I'm using the IVMS-4200 software to search for the file i want to backup via the remote configuration menu. I can select the usb disk from the drop down box but it gives an error saying that there is no space on the usb drive, however the disk is empty.

Is there something i'm missing? maybe disk format? I'd appreciate any help. Its the one thing i can't work out

Thanks for the response,

Its not an issue with the file size. The USB HDD is 500gB and the file is only a few mB. I've inserted a screen grab so that you can see the issue.

I think is HDD format related. Does anyone know if the NVR needs a specific format drive? NTFS, FAT, exFAT ??

1379627829_ScreenShot2017-05-20at10_04_12am.png.b8f1bab9e04817c3752411be5c069b3c.png

Also name your drive. Call it something then you can see if it reads it or not.

Also some of the nvrs need rebooting then go to backup

So i solved my problem. I'm running a Mac and it is an issue with the IVMS-4200 software on the Mac as when i boot up a virtual machine in Windows the software works fine.

Ahhh what a headache!!!

Are you using a USB flash drive or an external HDD? The NVR will not likely see an external HDD connected to the USB port.

If you are plugging a flash drive directly into the USB port on the NVR then you would perform the export in the menu system of the NVR. Please note the flash drive will likely need to be formatted FAT32. If the NVR detects the flash drive you will see a screen showing any files already on the flash drive.

If you are using the iVMS-4200 client software exports can be done from the Remote Playback screen. While playing back, right-click or control-click the picture and select Download to see a list of data files for that camera. There is also a Download button just above the timeline. Files will be downloaded to the file path setting in System Configuration. Once you have downloaded the files they can transferred to flash drive, external HDD, etc.

I have this problem too, but I'm using a PC (Windows 10) not a Mac. The flash drive is 1GB, and I've formatted it FAT32. I only want to export about 10 mns from 1 camera, so I can't believe that there isn't enough space on the drive. I tested the drive by putting a short video item on it, and it behaved fine. 

I've tried the following methods:

• via the file management menu
  • defining a clip and clicking Export
  • varying the format of the file in the Export menu

The Storage indicator flashes occasional red, but isn't consistently red, so I don't know if it's writing to the drive, but it seems to go on for much longer (at least 2 mns) than I would expect. Even after I'd left it over 5 mns, the drive was still empty when I checked it via my PC.

Can anyone help, please? 

Thanks, tomcctv. My flash drive is not in its first youth, and only 1 GB, though I did format it for this. I've ordered a new USB3 16GB drive to see if that helps.

On 5/20/2017 at 5:37 AM, reelbigfish said:

Thanks for the response,

Its not an issue with the file size. The USB HDD is 500gB and the file is only a few mB. I've inserted a screen grab so that you can see the issue.

I think is HDD format related. Does anyone know if the NVR needs a specific format drive? NTFS, FAT, exFAT ??

1379627829_ScreenShot2017-05-20at10_04_12am.png.b8f1bab9e04817c3752411be5c069b3c.png

I also faced this problem. I hope this time I solve my problem. Then I'm here for thanking you. Good work.@reelbigfesh